THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    What resin to repair pig tusks?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What resin to repair pig tusks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have some boar tusks that were boiled too long and handled roughly. One has split all the way along and the other has chipped the end off.

What is the most suitable resin for this kind of repair and how what would you color it with?

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Is that you Joe ?

As you might know, near all pig tusks shot in different country's or climates will split open, in time, some near exploding into tiny fragments (ask me how I know that) I my work it was part of my job to stop that & I filled them with candle wax as soon as they dried after boiling & cleaning none have split since.

The ones of my own that split but not too badly I filled & repaired with two part glue, here I use Araldite Glue.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote