THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Best foxes I have ever seen

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best foxes I have ever seen
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was just cruising through this site, and some Canadian taxidermists for a hunt I did there, and I saw these guys; http://www.ssimicro.com/~wildart/

Now, I think that foxes and cats are by far the most difficult animals to rendere life-like, but these are REAL!!

What do you all think?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Wow! They`re really great!
I found the sheep pictures interesting as well!
They are "good damn" beautiful!
This is really some of the best mounts I`ve seen..

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are pretty good. The arctic foxes are done well, they usually come out looking like albino otters. The silver fox and the ptarmigan is probably my favorite, but check out the wolverine and the martin fight. Great work.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is my local taxidermist, and just a couple of days ago I showed him this site as he was interested in what was shown at SCI. Usually (especially when Mike Boyce provided most of the displays) I bring back some photos for him to look through for ideas. This year though, a new firm provided the taxidermy, and to me, nothing was truly exciting. Greg's work was superior to at least 90% of that shown. If anyone is ever travelling through Yellowknife it's worth taking a trip to his shop for a look at some true "art"! And if you're hunting in the NWT, by all means you should have him do your taxidermy. Besides some cost savings, you're dealing with the experts on Northern species! 95% of our hunting clients choose him to do their work!~Arctic~

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is my local taxidermist, and just a couple of days ago I showed him this site as he was interested in what was shown at SCI. Usually (especially when Mike Boyce provided most of the displays) I bring back some photos for him to look through for ideas. This year though, a new firm provided the taxidermy, and to me, nothing was truly exciting. Greg's work was superior to at least 90% of that shown. If anyone is ever travelling through Yellowknife it's worth taking a trip to his shop for a look at some true "art"! And if you're hunting in the NWT, by all means you should have him do your taxidermy. Besides some cost savings, you're dealing with the experts on Northern species! 95% of our hunting clients choose him to do their work! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ~Arctic~

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was more than a bit surprised to see that there were none of Mike Boyce's taxidermy mounts on display this year at the SCI convention, considering that his studio is just down the road, and he has bought the back cover of the SCI magazine for as long as I can remember. When the convention was in Las Vegas one year, there must have been a tractor trailer load of mounts there, last time in Vegas, there were only a few. There must be a story behind this. One of the things I look forward to each year at the SCI convention is seeing Boyce's latest mounts. I especially liked the duiker and caracal mount on the back cover of the current issue of the magazine.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Isn't Mike in some kind of trouble with respect to working on animals that were either poached or on the endangered list?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote