THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    cost of full body black bear mount?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cost of full body black bear mount?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What would it likely cost to have a full body black bear mount done? Say 7' bear. I imagine it would depend on how elaborate one got with the other stuff such as fake rocks and logs etc. but just give an average please. Maybe even some of you could post a photo of your full body mount along with what it cost you (if done in the last few years- $2000 in 1970 would not be $2000 now). Thanks, Rufous.

[ 11-23-2002, 02:34: Message edited by: rufous ]

Posts: 224 | Location: Walla Walla, WA 99362 | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a 417 lb. male in 1998. He had a white v in the middle of his chest, so a rug was out of the question. I got him mounted full body, standing, with a rock base and some foilage around his feet. He stands about 6 1/2 feet tall with bent legs. I paid $1300 total. I have no way to download pictures, but it is a decent looking mount. Hope this helps.

Posts: 53 | Location: pittsburgh PA | Registered: 13 November 2002Reply With Quote