THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Contact Needed - Custom Rifle/Shotgun Case Maker in USA ???

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contact Needed - Custom Rifle/Shotgun Case Maker in USA ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Looking for a rifle/shotgun case maker in USA. I have a full Blue Wildebeest tanned hide with hair on, which I do not want to use as a rug.

Any info for a USA based case maker will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am looking for something like this case.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not used them but I have looked at doing so.

www.waldenbork.com

Good luck

SG

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Murray custom leather

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2008 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Legends Taxidermy in Michigan. here is a case they made from a croc hide which i furnished with cape buffalo handles in an elephant hide pattern/grain, which they furnished. cost less than $250, made to my exact spec. less than 1/3 of what W&B, Murray charge( i contacted both of them). excellent work on it..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13218 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
I had this one made (Blue Wildebeest) in South Africa on a previous safari. Really did not think I was going to like it.....here I LOVE it. Have had a full hide with hair on just sitting (from another safari) so I thought why not make a matching one for my Sporting Clays shotgun. Hence the firedrill.

They used some kind of "felt" like material on the inside.

Thank you all for the information, it is greatly appreciated. I will let you all know how it worked out for the shotgun case.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
at the DSC Convention, Legends Taxi had a bunch of game hide rifle/shotgun cases( including several from Wildebeast hide) for sale- also Zebra, Kudu, Nyala, etc. all were about $225-250 with them furnishing the hide. the cases are lined with a velour type material with close cell foam padding and full length brass zippers. check Walden and Bork's prices- sticker shock...notice how smooth the fabric lining is in my case.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13218 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
That croc case is SWEEETTTT !!!