Find
Notify
Tools

An odd gemsbok request
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted
So, we had a greats. hunt in Botswana in 2013. Unfortunately, our skulls got boiled and boiled and boiled some more. Our plans all along were to do european mounts. The nasalis bones from my gemsbok are sitting in the bottom of a barrel in Africa.
This may be completely impossible, but I was hoping a few of you real taxidermists might chime in. I'm wondering if any of you may have some nasalis bones off of a gemsbok skull that is being used for a shoulder mount. What are the odds I could get that to match up to a reasonable degree and "fit" on my skull. I know it seems like a tall order, but I'm searching for hope.

Posts: 168 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
No Problem, Can fix that good as new. You may be not be able to do it as well as we do. But you have 2 choices I'll send you a skull front 1/2 to fix yourself for lets say $30.00 shipped. OR send just the skull and we will do it for $100 and it will be Fantastic and $25 to ship it back to you. It's not just missing parts it has a broken piece also. Do You want those knife and wheel marks removed on that skull also? Round it off to $150 for everything including shipping and you are all fixed and ready to hang it.

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
Dennis,
Thanks kindly for the recommendations.
I sent you a PM.

Rob

Posts: 168 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
A better choice may be a reproduction skull.
http://www.mckenziesp.com/EM129-P16704C5951.aspx

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote