Find
Notify
Tools

Nice 150 lb Alaskan WOLF
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted
Nice pose for a Wall mount, Takes very little space.

This skin was trapper dried, ears and lips and eyes where never turned, tanned 10 years ago. Complete nose made of 2 part epoxy it never got any softer then a piece of concrete after soaking. Eyes where never turned or salted never rehydrated enough to mount we had to slit them open with scalpel to open them to size and also replace the eyelashes.

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife
"2009 World Champions"
"Best in World Combined Artists"
World Taxidermy Championships
" 2010 Michigan State Champion"

Email:
info@artistryofwildlife.com

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That's a wonderful mount!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's nice!

Posts: 4854 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome job you did Dennis. But why bother with all the head aches, there are hundreds of wolves taken and avalible each year that could be sent down to you frozen.
You did an unbelievable job on the creation.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
DOUG, Client sent me HIS skin, Had to use it. I like challenges, this was one. Takes me back to my days at Animal Artistry, when I was known as the Garbage Man...they used to dump, throw out, hundreds of skins every year and replace or tell the client they were a loss...When I got there it stopped. They discovered the Garbage man could fix anything. I can mount or save just about anything...Between my finisher and myself and 11 years here, We have ONLY lost skins to acid rot and those I can count on one hand never lost a skin due to bullet damage dermis loss or bad handling, I don't like to call a client with BAD news!

Just did a bear with a repair that was needed ...bad salt job slipped an area 2 foot by 2 foot on the skin went bald in the tan and had to repair it, one half of it's lower jaw just off the face down it's neck to the shoulder .. I'll post it next week.

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice that on my bucket list

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
<Boone & Crockett>
posted
Awesome mount, I love the snow/ice on the base. I should have went full mount instead of a rug with mine. Next time...

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Great job on a tough challenge!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A very nice job. Even more so with that old of skin.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Awesome job Dennis. After seeing that mount, I think I'll be wolf hunting this year.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted Hide Post
That is one wonderful mount. It is almost unbelieveable that such a nice mount could be done with a skin in such bad shape. I remember at the 1977 NTA convention in Denver that Joe Kish entered a life size bobcat that he mounted from a bobcat rug that he bought at a garage sale. That bobcat mount won Best of Show. It is amazing that one guy could be so good, when all I could do was to turn out a pretty good grade of commercial work. I guess that's why I never entered a mount in competition. Commercial taxidermy has come a long way since I was in business in the late 1970's. Commercial work now equals or is even better than museum quality work. I salute the taxidermists of today.
joe

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. He looks alive!!!! Well done.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote