THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Texas Taxidermist-African Mounts?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Taxidermist-African Mounts?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
Hey Y'all,

We are looking looking for some recommendations for a good taxidermist with African experience here in Texas. We would prefer somone that can receive the shipment directly to save additional transfer charges. The two of us are located in the San Antonio and DFW areas, but that they don't need to be that close to either of us.

Any suggestions based on your experience??

Thanks,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob, Biela's Taxidermy in Floresville does great work. Don't know about the receiving part though. Give him a call
Cell Phone #(210) 260 5159

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Conroe Taxidermy (actually in The Woodlands) is easy to work with. It is family owned - Mike Simpson, Barrett Simpson, et al. They don't have a website but their phone number is 281/367-2745. Good Luck!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You could do a search here for examples of work by Jerry Huffaker of Abilene. I have not used him before but am having my skins/capes/horns from Namibia shipped to him.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob-

Woodbury's Taxidermy in Ingram, Texas does a bunch of African work; they are set up to receive African shipments and the whole ball of wax.

They do great work.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the feedback! I am thinning the list.

Mark.....we missed you at the Rendezvous. We are having a Posse get together at the new Buda Cabela's on July 23rd.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob, I went on my first safari last year and I did a lot of research into taxidermists. I chose Jim Hartsock in Phoenix. His work is beautiful and he prices won't kill you. Anyway, his number is 480-661-0372.......good luck wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.bbtaxidermy.com/
B&B Taxidermy
11030 Jones Rd. West
Houston TX 77065

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Another vote for B&B Taxidermy. They mounted all nine of my plains game animals from my safari a couple of years ago. Outstanding work!

Wes Webber

An Armed Society Is a Polite Society

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen some of Conroe Taxidermy's work, it was very good.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never had them do any African game, but I have had B&B do several whitetails and they do a great job. They have some excellent African mounts in their studio.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, dont forget about little ole me! Smiler
Take a look at my web page for some details http://www.sherpytaxidermy.com
I am a part timer and have competitive prices while providing a custom and personel touch. I have done my share of African mounts and I am in Dallas. I have use Copper Smiths to bring in trophies and shipped to me.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Ronnie Williams of A&R Taxidermy in Lewisville.

He has done a great job on all my African Mounts.

Nice Guy, easy to work with.

Jim

Posts: 134 | Location: dallas,tx | Registered: 29 November 2003Reply With Quote