Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy care questions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I have a some shoulder mounts and I want to make sure that they stay in great condition. I vacuum them every couple of months but what else should I be doing to keep them nice and prevent insect damage?

I live in a very dry climate and the room is air conditioned for at least 6 months of the year.

Also, what should be done to Euro mounts of various antelope and a warthog?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank:

i have my taxidermist come over once every other year and clean them, spray bug juice, etc.

i also make sure the exterminator treats my TR whenever he makes his rounds. We don't have any bugs in the house (amazing in AZ) but not sure if it is because we have good seals or a deadly bug killer.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks but my taxidermist lives over 250 miles from me so that may be problematic.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of maxart
posted Hide Post
Not a problem Frank. We'll schedule a stop on one of our monthly trips to L.A. We have a complete cleaning service and schedule that we provide, but you can handle your stuff on your own and save some money...I'll stop by and give you the low down on what to do.

Anthony

Posts: 215 | Location: colyfornnia | Registered: 13 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks Anthony,

If I ever get to stay home long enough to see my trophies I'll let you know.

Colorado and Utah last week and Texas this week.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of maxart
posted Hide Post
All work and no ply makes Frank a dull boy Wink

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxart:
All work and no ply makes Frank a dull boy Wink

Yep, but it pays for the hunting trips.

I didn't see any South American hunt report posted from you.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of maxart
posted Hide Post
Comeing soon Frank, still trying to catch my breath. They started construction on our new shop while I was gone and we are going 110% on it right now. Soon as i go through some footage I'll post a report with pics.

Talk to you soon...Anthony