New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waterbuck is finished
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got my 27 inch waterbuck home tonight from Salt Lake City, and hung up in the Africa room. I am really pleased with it. Sam Raby (that did my leopard) did this one also. He got to display it at the ISE show this week, and got quite a few nice comments.

Now if I can just finish my 56 inch Kudu that's been laying around, in the next couple weeks, I'll be done until we return from Zim this summer.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Good looking Waterbuck. also the Eland in the corner,very nice.will you be mounting it?

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comment. The eland is a great old bull; not that long at 32-33" but heavy and impressive as hell on the hoof. I have the cape tanned, but think it will be the one euro mount I do. Probably just sell the cape. They are just so big that a trophy room with only 8' ceilings doesn't do them justice. They need to be mounted up above eye level so you can appreciate the mass and that great dewlap!.

The form on the floor is a straight kudu for my next project. It is a bull that is 56" long and 49" wide, tip to tip, and I want to have it straight-on for the visual impact. I need to make it with removable horns to get it around in the trophy rooms.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote