New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Boar - Head Form
 Login/Join

<Varmint Hunter>
posted
I recently killed a 350lb boar which I left at the taxidermist to have a head/neck mount done. I wanted the head mounted down & with a left turn, which I'm sure I've seen before. My taxidermist said that they don't have enough neck to mount in a lowered head position. He also sais that the turned heads have only a SLIGHT turn which isn't very noticable.
This doesn't sound right to me. Anyone with a little input on this one??????????????????

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I've got a huge russian boar shoulder mount. My taxidermist used the noonkester form that had a very hard turn, it gives a lot of shoulder on one side. There is a lot of "life" in it. Take a look
http://www.noonkester.com/ not exactly what your're looking for but you might like it.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Sorry, wrong link you want to look at WASCO taxidermy supply. http://www.taxidermy.com/ go to the Mannikins field and click on Gameheads, then find the boars. The one we used was the right offset. It really makes a nice mount. It's also not as popular as the straight on McKenzie that everyone seems to use. Good luck and congrats on that big old hawg! [Wink]

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Varmint.... I think your taxidermist need to add to his supplier list!!!. Noonkesters, Wasco, Mckenzie, Vandykes and several others have what you are looking for.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your taxidermist should be able to mount your boar any way you want it done as long as the animmal is capeable of doing so. Todays forms are made of foam which makes them easy to alter, ask your taxi to alter the form. Alot of Existing forms with turns look pretty good, you will notice the head is turned. Best: Bryan

Posts: 39 | Location: Sacramento Ca. | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote