THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    SCI score question on animals I took.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI score question on animals I took.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
If someone has an SCI record book and could look up some scores for me I would appreciate it as it will impact what I do with my trophies. All were taken with a handgun so I would like to know how they score in the handgun category:

1. Impala 54 5/8. I already have a silver medal one so don't know if I should bother having a shoulder mount done of this one.

2. Kalahari Springbuck 34 2/8. It looks so much like a Common Springbuck I'm not sure if I'll bother getting it mounted unless it's quite good.

3. Vaal Rhebuck 23 4/16. I think this one is quite good but I'd like to know how good.

The place where these are in RSA apparently don't have the SCI record book which I think is a little strange if they are official SCI scorers.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the SCI website they list scores for standard and bow, handgun they do show top 10 scores. Using the standard scoring yours are as follows:

Southern Impala - yours would be a silver and #10 handgun is 59 1/8

Kalahari Springbok - yours does not make minium, #5 handgun is 38 1/8

Vaal Rhebok - yours is a gold, #1 handgun is 23 5/8

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Thank-you! I appreciate your time.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:
The place where these are in RSA apparently don't have the SCI record book which I think is a little strange if they are official SCI scorers.

Not really strange. You do not get a record book when you become a scorer. You can buy one, just like everyone else. The minimums are listed in the handbook, but they do not have the medal levels. It is just a minimum score and that is it.

At least, when I took the course in 95, that is what they gave me.

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
I'm a master measurer and they do not give you any record books, just a papers with the minimuns. Medal levels and minimuns are on the web site. patriot

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote