THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    You guys ever mount a lion like this??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys ever mount a lion like this??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
For all you taxidermists (or anyone who may have seen one) - Have you ever mounted a lion in a pose like he is roaring? Not snarling, growling, like he is extending his head to make that long range roar...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Intersting thought for a mount. I would love to see a pic if such a mount exists.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Tim, look at Animal Artistry's website.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Will is right try there, Don't know of they would be in the galleries tho'. When I worked there we did do 1 or 2 like that, It's real easy to screw it up tho' The face is very relaxed and no upper teeth show. here is a good reference for roar.

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife
"2009 World Champions"
"Best in World Combined Artists"
World Taxidermy Championships
" 2010 Michigan State Champion"

Email:
info@artistryofwildlife.com

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Will, he's just huffing. no bellow on that one. head positon is good but I'd put the pose in my picture on him....close his eyes more and put his ears back.

Tim send him over , same pose as the AA picture, My old employer...lol but we wil put a real roar into him, like the reference pic.
DENNIS

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Dennis - I don't have that luxury as I haven't killed one. Was just looking at some mount photos yesterday and realized I had never seen one in that pose.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
Here are a few from my files ... live Lions. I mounted one once, on a mannikin made especially for this pose! I can mount your Lion in a true roaring pose if and when you harvest one. Wink

In fact, I devoted a nice section about Lion roaring in my book.

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The lion was about 5-6 meters from us on photo safari. I could actually feel the roar inside me.

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
You can feel them in your chest! Like a bass drum in a parade! They are very LOUD!

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I don't know why I was under the impression that only lions, not lionesses, roared. These photos clearly dispute that. Great photos.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I don't know why I was under the impression that only lions, not lionesses, roared. These photos clearly dispute that. Great photos.

Lionesses roar as well, just not as high. Got told that a male lion could be heard from 6-10 km away depending on terrain. They are the kings of the savannahSmiler

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote