New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brown Bear Options
 Login/Join

<Alaskan>
posted
I have recently returned from a successful Kodiak Brown bear hunt and want to do something with my bear but I just don't have the room for another bear rug.

I would like to do maybe a half body mount that I could hang on the wall.

Any suggestions as to where I could maybe look at some options would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

<GlennB>
posted
Do an internet search for taxidermists. Many of them have a gallery that provide all kinds of interesting ideas.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congradulations on your bear, I think the half mount comming out of the wall really looks good.
Greg

Posts: 71 | Location: north pole , alaska | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Pat, how about a pedestal mount. It would be from the shoulders up. Many suppliers offer small critter forms in this pose and they really look sharp.
I dont know of any suppliers that offers bears, but most taxidermist could modify a form to create what I am talking about.
I did a whitetail mount that the base is stone(foam that looks like stone) and the back, and some of the side, is too. I took the idea from several of the Mill Creek Studio wildlife figures that are on the market. ( My kids always have something to get me for Xmas and Bdays..... I must have 12 or more and love them).
They can be created with habitat, grass, rocks, limbs and stuff, or more formal with granit and nice wood bases.
good luck and let us know what you decide on.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote