THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Embedding hippo tusks in clear Lucite

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Embedding hippo tusks in clear Lucite
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A long time ago, someone asked what to do with hippo tusks that were getting brittle and starting to crumble. I said maybe embed them in a block of Lucite.

I have found it difficult to locate details on the embedding process. Someone PM'ed me about it, and today I finally located a pile of useful information on in.

It's a thread at a taxidermy web site. Someone there who worked at Dupont offers to show anyone interested how to do it cheaply and easily:

Acrylic sculpture thread

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HenryC470:
A long time ago, someone asked what to do with hippo tusks that were getting brittle and starting to crumble. I said maybe embed them in a block of Lucite.

I have found it difficult to locate details on the embedding process. Someone PM'ed me about it, and today I finally located a pile of useful information on in.

It's a thread at a taxidermy web site. Someone there who worked at Dupont offers to show anyone interested how to do it cheaply and easily:

Acrylic sculpture thread

H. C.
what is the web site?

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Try searching the forums here.

Hope that helps

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7990 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/Moldingarticles/03/03b4a9f5c4.Html

Sorry about that. I guess I didn't quite have the operation of that fancy URL tool mastered at the time. The link above (same site Bakes sent you to) is to the thread where I found all the information.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote