Find
Notify
Tools

TAXIDERMIST WANTED
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
I am planning another African safari in either 2010 or 2011.

The 2 times I have hunted Africa before I shot a large bag of buff and plains game. In 1999 I used Taxidermy Enterprizes in Zim for Impala, warthog, zebra rug and a bunch of bleached skulls. In 2003 I shot 13 animals in Tanzania and sent them all to Highveld in SA.

Both times I was happy with the quality of work and the price was reasonable. The shipping costs were worth it due to the savings on such large ammounts of work.

I now am going on hunts where I will only be bringing home 2 or 3 animals max.

I am now located more or less permently in Northern New England. I am looking for a stateside taxidermist somewhere in the tristate area or in New England. I would take on someone who is loacted anywhere in the USA who did exceptional work at reasonable prices.

I need a taxidermist who can do African animals.
A guy who has built a career on black bear and whitetail I have no problem finding in Maine.

Thanks for any suggestions...

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
How about Laros Tax. in Allentown, PA?

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about you not limit yourself to that particular area of the US to find a great African taxidermist?? There are alot out there ( I like to fancy myself in that club) that may be a ways from you, but can crank out some fantastic mounts for you!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Yes Like I said, I would like to find one in the North East so I can go by the shop for a face to face.

However I would not limit myself if I found someone who was GREAT.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of Grate Taxidermist on Here
Just look at some of the pictures posted . The saying goes you get what you pay for.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote