New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Mount Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm trying to plan where to hang my PG mounts and could use some avg. shoulder mount measurements. Can anyone give me the avg. total height of these shoulders mounts.
Kudu 50" horns
Gemsbok 40" horns
Springbok
Impala
Blesbok
Blue Wildebeest
I understand that these # will vary with the form, etc., but it will give a general idea.
Thanks for all the help.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
My kudu mount sticks out from the wall about one yardstick. 48" horns touching the 8 ft' ceiling put the nose at abouteye level with his chest maybe two feet from the floor.

Posts: 4854 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Animal species (with horn length in parenthsis). First measurement is height from top of horns down to brisket, second is how far it sticks out from the wall.

Each of these required a large form, or bigger.

Kudu (51.5") 65"/41" Upright pedestal

Gemsbok (37") 58/26 Upright RT

Springbok (16.5") 28/19 Upright LT

Hartebeest (25") 48/30 Upright RT

Impala (21.5") 41/21 Upright LT

Blesbok (17") 35/20 Upright RT

Blue WB (30") 32/27 Semi-sneak

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nagle,
That's a beauty of a kudu you got. That boy has some mass.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blank, Thank you. That's exactly the info I need.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Here's the next one!

Posts: 4854 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote