THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Skinning feet for a full body mount

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skinning feet for a full body mount
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
What is the method for skinning the feet of say a fox/dog for a full mount. How do you handle the pads?

Thanks
Bakes

Posts: 7977 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
You should beable to turn the front inside out. Work your way down to the toes. I then cut them off so I can work each one of them down to the claw. The pad has a spongie matter that need to be fleshed out.
I usually turn the back legs inside out down to the foot. I then cut the leg off. Now I slice the bottom long enough to turn the foot thru the slice. Then follow the front feet process.
Good luck!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bo-n-aro I think I follow.

Bakes

Posts: 7977 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote