Find
Notify
Tools

Skull Presentation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted
Other than just setting a skull on top of the TV, what methods of display are popular?

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't collect 'em, but my sisters family does. Don't know exactly what you have in mind, but I framed a bunch of mustellid skulls (everything from short-tailed weasel to wolverine). Labeled each one with common & Latin names and put it on a black satin background. My nephew thinks it is great! I also cut a brown bear skull in half lengthwise and mounted it in a deep picture frame on a midnight blue satin background. That went to my brother in-law.

Posts: 211 | Location: SEAK USA | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I have my leopard skull on a book case in my "trophy room". Looks good amongst all the hunting books.

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
There are several different pedestals and panels available in several materials to display your skulls, both for the wall or free standing for a desk, table or shelf. They come in many sizes also. I have mounted everything from elk to bobcat skulls on them.
Check the taxidermy supply companys. Log on to WASCO's taxidermy.net and go to the suppliers page.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I checked out Taxidermy.net and found several good ideas. I especially likes the skulls done in a metal finish and am coinsidering doing a bear skull in the Nickel.

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of photos of what I do with my skulls/europeans. This is my office (pardon the mess) where I have to keep all my 'nasty skull $hit' as my wife calls it!
 -
 -

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Here's a different skull mount.
 -
This is a reproduction of a skull of a chap that met the wrong end of either a axe or a broad sword across the bridge of his nose. Whenever you think you've had a bad day take a look at this guy! That had to be a slow death. The skull was dug up from a mass grave in in Denmark with 63 other folks that had met simular fates.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
TXPO

I feel sorry for you about the wife $hit. A friend of mine had the same trouble, but now his wife has become interested in hunting and wants more trophys.

I must say the black buck looks very nice.
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
The skull was dug up from a mass grave in in Denmark with 63 other folks that had met simular fates.

Now that is i skull mount my wife would object to... If the skull belonged to a Dane, the guy with the axe was most likely a Swede... [Cool]

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Yep a big Swede with a big axe! [Wink]

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Yep a big Swede with a big axe! [Wink]

Mr Humbarger Sir,
As that skull is still in one piece, I presume it was a small Swede with a small axe. Had it been a big Swede with a big axe, it would have looked more like that bear skull Mr Ratltrap presented to his brother in-law, as described above. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] ROFLMAO! [Big Grin] It's in two pieces. I just stuck them together to scan them.

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
TXPO,

Your office looks alright (except for the mess). I've never seen it before, so it's kind of nice to see where some of the trophies I have guided you to went. How about your other Blackbuck, Red Stag, and Pronghorn? Didn't you shoulder mount them?

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check these out this guy makes the best bases around, in any position. Contact me if you want more info.
http://wildlifedesign.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kiethgarybear.jpg

Posts: 39 | Location: Sacramento Ca. | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote