The Accurate Reloading Forums
Skull Presentation

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3421043/m/297102401

22 March 2003, 09:24
DennisHP
Skull Presentation
Other than just setting a skull on top of the TV, what methods of display are popular?
22 March 2003, 16:31
Ratltrap
I don't collect 'em, but my sisters family does. Don't know exactly what you have in mind, but I framed a bunch of mustellid skulls (everything from short-tailed weasel to wolverine). Labeled each one with common & Latin names and put it on a black satin background. My nephew thinks it is great! I also cut a brown bear skull in half lengthwise and mounted it in a deep picture frame on a midnight blue satin background. That went to my brother in-law.
23 March 2003, 14:49
Steve
I have my leopard skull on a book case in my "trophy room". Looks good amongst all the hunting books.

-Steve
24 March 2003, 07:52
bo-n-aro
There are several different pedestals and panels available in several materials to display your skulls, both for the wall or free standing for a desk, table or shelf. They come in many sizes also. I have mounted everything from elk to bobcat skulls on them.
Check the taxidermy supply companys. Log on to WASCO's taxidermy.net and go to the suppliers page.
26 March 2003, 05:13
DennisHP
Thanks guys. I checked out Taxidermy.net and found several good ideas. I especially likes the skulls done in a metal finish and am coinsidering doing a bear skull in the Nickel.
26 March 2003, 06:58
TXPO
Here are a couple of photos of what I do with my skulls/europeans. This is my office (pardon the mess) where I have to keep all my 'nasty skull $hit' as my wife calls it!
 -
 -
29 March 2003, 13:39
D Humbarger
Here's a different skull mount.
 -
This is a reproduction of a skull of a chap that met the wrong end of either a axe or a broad sword across the bridge of his nose. Whenever you think you've had a bad day take a look at this guy! That had to be a slow death. The skull was dug up from a mass grave in in Denmark with 63 other folks that had met simular fates.
30 March 2003, 05:34
<JOHAN>
TXPO

I feel sorry for you about the wife $hit. A friend of mine had the same trouble, but now his wife has become interested in hunting and wants more trophys.

I must say the black buck looks very nice.
/ JOHAN
31 March 2003, 09:47
Marterius
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
The skull was dug up from a mass grave in in Denmark with 63 other folks that had met simular fates.

Now that is i skull mount my wife would object to... If the skull belonged to a Dane, the guy with the axe was most likely a Swede... [Cool]
13 April 2003, 15:25
D Humbarger
Yep a big Swede with a big axe! [Wink]
17 April 2003, 03:44
Marterius
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Yep a big Swede with a big axe! [Wink]

Mr Humbarger Sir,
As that skull is still in one piece, I presume it was a small Swede with a small axe. Had it been a big Swede with a big axe, it would have looked more like that bear skull Mr Ratltrap presented to his brother in-law, as described above. [Big Grin]
19 April 2003, 08:43
D Humbarger
[Big Grin] ROFLMAO! [Big Grin] It's in two pieces. I just stuck them together to scan them.
02 May 2003, 10:38
Greg R
TXPO,

Your office looks alright (except for the mess). I've never seen it before, so it's kind of nice to see where some of the trophies I have guided you to went. How about your other Blackbuck, Red Stag, and Pronghorn? Didn't you shoulder mount them?
03 May 2003, 05:44
Wildlifedesigner
Check these out this guy makes the best bases around, in any position. Contact me if you want more info.
http://wildlifedesign.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kiethgarybear.jpg