THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Member Aspen Hills, Ann's 62" Kudu

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Member Aspen Hills, Ann's 62" Kudu
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted
A long road for this guy maybe Ann will explain.
I think he traveled the US for 5 years before I got him. Long story.

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife Mounts with less than 120 Working Day Delivery.
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife
"2009 World Champions"
"Best in World Combined Artists"
World Taxidermy Championships
" 2010 Michigan State Champion"

Email:
info@artistryofwildlife.com

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
A great looking mount!

62".........something just not right about that!! Cool Yep Miss Ann, I am very jealous!

I am glad he found his way home finally!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I am so pleased with this mount. I picked it up yesterday, so much nice stuff in Dennis' studio! If you can ever make a visit in person I highly recommend it. The life size bongos he showed are stunning!

Finally! I am glad to see this once in a lifetime trophy again!

~Ann

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is outstanding work on a beautiful Kudu. at 62' i think i would have full mounted,haven't got any room but still would have gone the full mount

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sixty-two inches? I am not jealous, honestly, I am not, okay maybe a teensy-weensy bit; but my gosh that is a big Kudu!

As well, another outstanding example of the Artistry's workmanship...

thanks for sharing,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
He is definately a beauty! Glad you finally took possession Ann! I know it's been a long wait!!!

Congrats!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and glad he made it. That is a trophy of a lifetime...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy for you Ann, what a tremendous trophy and a beautiful mount! Congrats!!! We are lucky to have some great artists on this board. Several I consider to be some of the best Taxidermists in the world.
Cheers,
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6822 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, Dave, lots of impressive work being displayed! There is no excuse for poor quality taxidermy if you are an AR member.

~Ann

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Dennis, that is one of the best looking kudu mounts I have ever seen, Ann you must be very happy. Congrats to both of you.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann:

That is one fantastic kudu and an equally incredible mount. To say I'm jealous, is an understatement.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Smiler

~Ann

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Wonderful trophy, if I recall she took it with a bow?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been very blessed taking some one of a kind trophies now and then!

Here is the kudu, you can see he was in very poor physical shape, an old dude really going down hill.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann

Absolutely awesome---

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow just wow!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

I want to commend you for this entire story. The mount is absolutely fabulous! Superb work by the taxidermist!! I think the important part to note here is that he was a old monarch in obvious decline that you took fairly, by archery. If you do all your hunts like this than many people need to pay attention and use you as a role model. Fred Bear would be proud. I think in todays world of immediate gratification "gotta have it now" attitude many people loose sight of the real point. It's not the trophy hanging on the wall. It's the process. As hunters we need to hold ourselves to a standard higher than the law to silence the "anti's".

Kudo's to you!

Jon----aka 375er

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Kudu Ann!

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful animal Ann. Kudu's are one of the premier animals of Africa. Good Mount, Dennis

Posts: 63 | Location: Fla. | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must admit that I am too picky when it comes to taxidermy. Most animals I see, just don't look right.

Not only is that Kudu a great trophy, but that is some absolute fine taxidermy. That mount should be entered in some type of competition!
Very, very well done!!!!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that thing would be top 5 in SCI Book Super

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blaser93:
that thing would be top 5 in SCI Book Super

Wow, that is good to know!

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
a Master Measurer has to do it to certify it

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
First of all congratulations on an excellent excellent trophy. His body does look a bit on the lean side, but the horns are awesome, not too wide, not too narrow....just the perfect spread.

I do not know the scores but a total score of 128.8 will make it Gold (assuming Bow and Arrow for Southern Greater Kudu).

Lets do some rough math here.

62in + 62in = 124 in

Assuming very very conservative number for this length, say the bases are 12" circumference each.

62in + 62in + 12in + 12in = 148in

That will put you in top 5 SCI as number 5 right now is 147 3/8in

Now you can get it measured by ANY SCI measurer...for record book it will need to be CERTIFIED by a Master Measurer, but that can come later.

All the best and congratulations again.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

I am SOOO pleased you got that beautiful boy done properly after the long and challenging road you both traveled!!! What a gorgeous old gentleman. Simply wonderful.

Congratulations indeed!

(Did you ever get the Leopard?

Am afraid my part of that same story did and will not end well.)

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
Ann, that is one gorgeous animal.
Dennis, after seeing the condition of the hide you got and the painstaking detail you recreatedover on the TaxiNet, I know you have magic in those hands.

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by george roof:
Ann, that is one gorgeous animal.
Dennis, after seeing the condition of the hide you got and the painstaking detail you recreatedover on the TaxiNet, I know you have magic in those hands.

tu2

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote