New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wildlife Gallery
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Per Ivan Carters suggestion I decided on The Wildlife Gallery for my taxidermy work and so far I have been nothing but impressed. First class so far... My animals arrived from South Africa to their studio about 8 weeks ago. I was given a personal web address 3 weeks ago and have since had three photo updates of the progress. They look great so far. The service and attention I have received has been exceptional. Did I mention they already look complete! Incredible!

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Your own website for animals?! That's high class. How are they on prices compared to, say, a local taxidermist?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
Your own website for animals?! That's high class. How are they on prices compared to, say, a local taxidermist?

Alan,

Their prices are very much in line with others. As with most things, you can pay a little more or a little less.

Their service is what sets them apart- simply outstanding. The personal website is way cool, like opening a xmas present every week.

The turn around time is right at three months. My last taxidermist took that long to return my call.

But what is most impressive is the quality of their work. Owen the cat man is one of the best. An eighth of an inch makes the difference between an exceptional mount and a comical one. They know the difference.

WG has earned my business. Dan should be shipping my lifesize leopard and desert ram shortly. I can't wait!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words guy's. We are truly trying to do things differently than "some" of the rest of the industry. There are some very good ones out there I don't want to offend...

Jack - I'm back to civilization, and I trust that Brent has coordinated your shipment. I will check the first of the week...

Jason - I did a quality check of your mounts before leaving last week. Not only did my team do some excellent work you also took some very nice trophies. I'm sure they will be ready to ship very soon..

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan is getting ready to start on my sable. Can't wait to see that beauty again ! I agree that WG is world class on the service and customer communication end of things. I remember the web updates on my life size croc that assured it was exactly what I was looking for.
Hi J, post some pics of your mounts when they come in.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
I too had my trophies from Zimbabwe mounted by the Wildlife Gallery. They did a fantastic job. I loved watching the progress on my personal website. They even delivered them to me in southern Michigan and mounted and rearranged my trophy room to make sure they all looked their best. I would not hesitate to use in the in the future. A job well done!

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a double pedestal mount for a Kudu and Gemsbock, plus another for a Black and Blue Wildebeast. Also had a Warthog Skull mount on a Africa Continent pedestal, and a Springbuck on a table pedestal.

All were done extremely well with a little disatisfaction (My Expectations)on the Springbuck mount. Sent E-mail yesterday about the springbuck and received an immediate response from both Dan and Brent about the mounting.

Very happy with their fast turnaround, great quality and and outstanding business demeanor.

They were excellent in their quick response and said they would change the mounting to my satisfaction,

They also sent regular pictures of the work and and they finished them in five months. Almost too fast.

I can send pics of the mounts to someones E-mail if you would like to see the work that they have done.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
D99,

it's right next to the "Self Aggrandizement" button. It's the one you use to send pictures or measurements of the game you took. You also use it to talk up the enormous strain (mentally and physically) the hunt placed on you to stalk and harvest really good trophies.

In case you haven't noticed, an integral part of the AR forums is the sharing of good (and bad) news about outfitters, booking agents, airlines, Safari Companies, and yes: Taxidermists.

I had the opportunity to spend some time visiting with Dan and Char of Wildlife Gallery at the SCI Reno Convention this past January. The work they displayed was the best I have ever seen. Artistry of Wildlife is in friendly competition with them for the title of "Best" and the work of theirs I have seen is nearly as good. That's subjective.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked with Brent yesterday(Thurs, July 1), trophies are finished! Delivery expected next week! Incredible 11/12 Weeks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
D99,

what happened to your first post here?
Military or civilian contractor?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mounts arrived on Sunday as promised. I cant say enough about "The Wildlife Gallery" and their staff! Special thanks to Brent, Dan, and Wendy! Exceptional service and quality!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
D99,

what it read like you are promoting is rude manners and "Nosyism".

To me, the post read that someone is very happy with the quality of work he has gotten from a company and is sharing the (valuable) information with the rest of us. Others who have had similar service are adding their comments to the post. What isn't here, is anyone who has not gotten what they bargained for from said company.

Stick with building toilets, sounds like you have a knack for it. You sound like what we used to call a REMF back in the 'Nam.

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Jason,

I'm glad you liked your mounts and we were happy to work for you. I look forward to working with you again in the future...DAN

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yo Tidybowl man,

I'll bet your kids will be thrilled when you tell them "Yessiree, your daddy was a toilet builder's assistant in the war". I had to settle for being an Airborne Ranger in Vietnam. We each do what we are suited to...

Actually, my life is just beginning Part III.

You may have heard that it is never too early or too late to start a happy and productive second childhood. I'm there. You have the paid off house, kids grown and out of the way, and the time and discretionary income to drive a Jaguar convertible (or whatever you desire) and hunt Africa every year if you wish. You can buy Double Rifles, and take endless vacations. There are lots of us here, read up on what the old guys are doing here while you're building and cleaning toilets.

regards,

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, Rich??

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote