THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    European Mounts in Namibia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

European Mounts in Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My wife and I are hunting in Namibia next year in May --I would like to get 5 heads done in European mounts and two skins tanned -zebra and springbok--We will be travelling north towards Etosha to hunt and flying out through Windhoek--can anyone here offer me any good advise??

Posts: 37 | Location: vanderhoof | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
I hunted Namibia last summer and left my trophies at Trophaendeste (or something very close to that!!) in Windhoek. I thought they did an excellent job on the skulls and tanning. The skull cleaning and bleaching was cheap enough that I just let them do it (and I'm a taxidermist) and the tanning is done with a chemical called Lutan-F which is an excellent tan.

Good luck.

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
frodo

You are going to be hunting north of the "Veterinary" fence, so your trophies will have to be quarantined for at least one month....... Vaughan will pick them up from quarantine and help arrange the shipping to you. I bet he would be happy to help with tanning etc.....

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote