THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    What to do with a bobcat hide?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with a bobcat hide?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a bobcat I shot last spring in a state that shall remain nameless, I was calling coyotes on a pheasant ranch and was told to shoot any predators I saw. I was calling, remaining motionless, and suddenly I notice something outof the corner of my about 15 yds. away. It was a big female bobcat, I put a 55gr. BT through it's chest cavity and it made a neat entrance hole, and not a huge exit hole. The dilemma is that it's illegal to hunt bobcats in this state, so I can't have it tanned commercially, I would like to make a simple rug from it. What should I do with it, I want to display it, but don't want to get in trouble trying to send it to a tanning house. Thanks for the help.
Willie

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
You can tan it yourself with a little effort and a kit from one of several taxidermy supply companies. McKenzie, WASCO, Dan Chase, to name a few. They have kits that come with the instructions.
Have some fun, and good luck!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Willie,

I hope you're not using your real name to post because it would not be difficult to find a school teacher in Iowa named Willie Rosen and write him a ticket for poaching bob cat.

Just something to think about...

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good point Dennis, that's why I didn't.
"Willie"

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote