The Accurate Reloading Forums
What to do with a bobcat hide?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3421043/m/258101401

31 October 2002, 09:15
Yardbird
What to do with a bobcat hide?
I have a bobcat I shot last spring in a state that shall remain nameless, I was calling coyotes on a pheasant ranch and was told to shoot any predators I saw. I was calling, remaining motionless, and suddenly I notice something outof the corner of my about 15 yds. away. It was a big female bobcat, I put a 55gr. BT through it's chest cavity and it made a neat entrance hole, and not a huge exit hole. The dilemma is that it's illegal to hunt bobcats in this state, so I can't have it tanned commercially, I would like to make a simple rug from it. What should I do with it, I want to display it, but don't want to get in trouble trying to send it to a tanning house. Thanks for the help.
Willie
01 November 2002, 16:11
bo-n-aro
You can tan it yourself with a little effort and a kit from one of several taxidermy supply companies. McKenzie, WASCO, Dan Chase, to name a few. They have kits that come with the instructions.
Have some fun, and good luck!
02 November 2002, 08:59
DennisHP
Willie,

I hope you're not using your real name to post because it would not be difficult to find a school teacher in Iowa named Willie Rosen and write him a ticket for poaching bob cat.

Just something to think about...
05 November 2002, 08:39
Yardbird
Good point Dennis, that's why I didn't.
"Willie"