THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Any good taxidermists in the Kansas City Area?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any good taxidermists in the Kansas City Area?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am new to this area and am looking for taxidermist recommedations if anyone has any? I am going to the SCI show next weekend so hopefully that will turn up something.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
I am from Kansas City and now live in Dallas. All my friends send their trophies to me for mounting so there must not be one up there. Smiler

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bo-n-aro that is what I am beginning to wonder. I used to live in Houston and you had a hard time finding a bad taxidermist.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Phoenixdawg
I am not sure about KC but there are many excellent taxidermists in Kansas. Here are a few that are close, whthin a couple of hours or so.
Tom Bowman in Wakefield KS
Don Rush, Junction City KS
Pat Reed, Fredonia KS
Stuart Weniger, Augusta KS That's me.
Dave McPhail, Chapman KS

All are award winning taxidermists, members of the Kansas Association of Taxidermists and have been in business for 20+ years or more. Depending on what you are wanting mounted some speciaize in various types of animals and I can make some recomendations as such. Hope this helps and good luck with your search.
Stuart

Picture of StrmChzr
posted Hide Post
Don't know about KC, but I use Collin Campbell in Salina, KS. He does excellent work.

"My habits protect my life but they would assassinate you."
M Twain

Posts: 8 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote