Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy moving services??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
does anyone know of a moving company that sort of specializes in moving trophy collections cross- country? i have had a belly full of California and will be moving back to the deep south in a few months... jumping

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13427 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
alan Porter Big Game transport I'll be back with his number in a bit

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Tim Wright delivers all the trophies for Brush Country Taxidermy and others all over the United States. He has the equipment and knows the ins and outs of moving and setting up trophies. His cell phone number is 713-882-8341. Nice guy too.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
thanks a million Mike and Jerry. a divorce and cross country move is stressful enough without worrying if some of my fondest memories(trophies) will survive intact...any other recommendations are much appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on Tim Wright. He hung tropies in my office. He has a nice rig to haul everything and is equipped to handle any hanging job. Second Mike's comment on him being a nice guy as well.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . and he is an ox of a man. I am sure there may be some things he is not capable of handling from a physical strength standpoint, but can't be much. If you talk to Tim, tell him I told you to call. He has been storing a trophy for me for a long time and need some bonus points. Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Alan porter's phone is 970-712-0946. They have trucks criss crossing the country every day. The best people I have ever used. All you have to do is point at the mounts you want moved and they take over.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Huffaker:
Alan porter's phone is 970-712-0946. They have trucks criss crossing the country every day. The best people I have ever used. All you have to do is point at the mounts you want moved and they take over.

They did a nice job of getting our Lion from Jerry's to the barge in Fife, WA.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Alan Porter delivered about 40 trophies to me this year. Very pleased.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
my trophies will mostly be going into storage for a year or so until i find a house and acreage for a permanent home. i don't need any help with hanging things, just need to get them moved. sounds like Alan would be a good choice. thanks again, guys!!

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I will also recommend Alan Porter. Nice guy and very easy to work with. He has delivered two trucks of trophies to me this year, California to Texas. Both times it was about a week from pickup to delivery.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
post script:
Alan Porter and his crew picked up my stuff today. i frankly didn't think they would be able to get everything in his trailer but 3 hours later they were on their way. i was VERY impressed with the way everything was securely attached within the trailer. there was room left over and they managed to keep my 14' croc rug out flat. thanks again, guys for the recommendation tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
does anyone know of a moving company that sort of specializes in moving trophy collections cross- country? i have had a belly full of California and will be moving back to the deep south in a few months... jumping

If you're getting a divorce, I'd suggest you fly her.......... Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
trophies arrived in great shape today. thanks Alan, Chase, and Mike!