Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant tusks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted
Gentleman a good friend of mine from Dallas is looking for a pair of elephant tusks in excess of 60 pounds.The ivory can be from anywhere in the state of Texas. I know very well that this is a big ask but if anyone out there knows of anyone looking to sell please contact me on the following.
US Cell - 903-738-3583
Email - rogerwhittallsafaris@gmail.com

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard it is illegal (a Federal offense) to sell elephant ivory, unless it means the criteria of "antique ivory".

If it were legal, I have a pair of tusks that are very symmetrical and just under 60 lbs a side. I would probably let them go for around $500K.

I live in Colorado though. LOL

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I believe that you can sell ivory in the state that you live.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
Last I heard it is illegal (a Federal offense) to sell elephant ivory, unless it means the criteria of "antique ivory".

If it were legal, I have a pair of tusks that are very symmetrical and just under 60 lbs a side. I would probably let them go for around $500K.

I live in Colorado though. LOL

BH63

$500,000?

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
It is not illegal to sell pre- ban ivory in your home state to another resident of that state. I recently attended my first ever taxidermy auction here in Houston, they covered the laws pretty clearly and the penalties for straw purchase for out of state buyers. I never even knew they had these types of auctions and attended on a whim, there were almost 800 heads, mounts, rugs, miscellaneous Africana etc. And yes, they had tusks. I saw two sets of beautiful mid 80 lb. tusks go for 39.5K for both sets together. A pair of 44/43 went for $ 8500 US. The auction was multiple estates and was from a company in Austin, TX. named: The Corner Shoppe, 8425 Burnet RD., Austin, TX. 78757. WWW.TaxidermyKing.com John Brommel, owner, (512) 626-8824. They specialize in this and I was impressed with the quality of the product. Hope this helps, Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has been a while since I read the CITES approval for my sport hunted elephant, but I thought it stated that the ivory could never be sold.

Not really interested in selling the tusks, but as stated, if legal I would let them go for $500K. LOL

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote