Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Elk drawing results are out
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
The Drawing results have been posted for Colorado's limited Elk tags.
My son and I drew 2nd season Bull tags together. My brother was unsuccessful with 15 preference points for his tag, bummer. Another friend and his father were unsuccessful at the draw with 8 and 9 points respectively.
Tell me how you all did!
Good luck to all of you that drew tags.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
after 3 years My father and I pulled muzzleloader bull tags in unit 20. Whoooo hoooo!!! I'm excited.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't draw but that was to be expected, I'm trying to build up my points just hoping I might get lucky someday. I'll be in the leftover draw and might pick up a tag over the counter later on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
13 preference points and building. Should be able to draw area 2 right about the time I retire from the Navy in 2010. Can't wait for that hunt!!!

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Mac
In 2006 it took 15 points to draw unit 2 and that has been creeping up 1 point every other year. You may be hunting elk in unit 2 by 2012 if you are lucky!
I have a feeling our esteemed DOW is going to do a preference point change on us real soon and screw all of us long time point accumulators out of our hard earned points so we may not have to worry about it anyhow.
I'm really feeling shafted on the Moose situation as I have been applying since 1987 with no results. When I began applying there were no points issued for Moose only luck of the draw, then one year they said lets give out preference points which attracted even more people to the drawing and then it was going to be like sheep and goats where you were capped at 3 points which they did for several years and let thousands of people catch up to me with 3 points then they started the "weighted" point system which I am at the max on.
I've heard rumblings from people connected with the DOW that they are scrambling for a parachute to get out of the current big game drawing system. Apparently lots of pressure is put upon them that the drawing isn't fair because a person who is just getting in on the ground floor has no opportunity to draw a premium tag and they are listening to that garbage! What about us poor saps who have 20 years invested in drawing for an animal?

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I drew an archery tag for unit 49 this year. Not a real premo tag, but a decent one and it should be a good hunt.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1170 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another preference point for me, which I expected since I drew a muzzleloader tag last year for unit 12.

Posts: 96 | Location: Arroyo Grande, Ca. | Registered: 09 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Matt good luck on your Archery hunt in the Buffalo Peaks area. I may be in that area this year during archery season as a friend of mine drew a Sheep tag for the Buffalo Peaks and I may go along to help him out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
got lucky on my first attempt. Drew a tag for first season rifle in unit 64.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
My partner and I drew the late season (Whole month of December) area three cow tags. This is a meat year, so we should be almost assured of an elk.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Prof, sounds like a sure thing. 2 Years ago my son got his late season cow tag and we thought it would be a slam dunk. First outing no elk a hundred deer, second outing saw 17 bulls in one day and NO cows, third outing no elk, fourth outing 11 bulls, season ended with no elk last time out. My son said dad why did I have to get a cow tag when there are so many Bulls!
Sometimes ya just can't win.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
None for me either.
8 points and counting.
May try for leftover cow tag.

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew my either sex elk tag. Didn't get my deer tag.

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote