THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    tell me about the ultimate elk hunting in the mountains..

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tell me about the ultimate elk hunting in the mountains..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have decided that in 2010 I want to book an elk hunt, somewhere with big mountains, big elk and hard to get to.

Where should I look?
Can anyone suggest any outfitters?
I am happy to hike in or ride horseback, the important thing is to get far away from the other hunters and into great country for great elk.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vermejo Park in New Mexico. No hassles, no people in your area and you will kill a very big elk. It is not rugged or remote, just a well managed 400,000 ranch. Check it out at

www.vermejoparkranch.com

Posts: 10218 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The truth...It will be expensive!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that. For less than half the price including airfare, you can go to Argentina and hunt free range Red Stag. Hunting horseback in the Andes foothills and never even see a contrail while you're there.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
For that kind of money I would skip the elk and go to Africa and hunt as many as 7 trophy animals. There are loads of places that you can hunt Elk on public land with an outfitter for five to eight thousand dollars and still kill a big elk.

If you want to drop the dough and have an unbelievable hunt look in to the White Mountain Apache Tribe Elk hunts here in Arizona.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote