AZ -- Draw Results Soon
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted
From AZ G&F:

Elk/pronghorn draw results to be available in the next 1-2 weeks

March 27, 2012

PHOENIX - It’s the time of year when many constituents ask the Arizona Game and Fish Department when the results for the pronghorn antelope and elk hunt draw will be released.

The department anticipates that the 2012 results will be available sometime in the next one to two weeks, but there is no set date at this point.

For those who applied using the online service, the process of charging the credit cards of successful applicants will begin tomorrow. This process will take several days to complete.

Constituents are asked to please not call the department regarding draw results until the results are publicly posted. We will make an announcement of their availability on our website at www.azgfd.gov and through our e-news, Facebook and Twitter communications. To sign up for e-news, visit www.azgfd.gov/signup.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I just want them to open up the sheep so I can get my points.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOA TACTICAL:
I just want them to open up the sheep so I can get my points.

Don't quite understand what you mean. Care to clarify?

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
For Arizona I am just buying points. Right now the drawing and points purchase time is closed.

Some states make it tough by not having all their drawings together. Arizona is not the worst.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, understand more now.

The split of the two draws came about several years ago because of the early season dates of the trophy elk hunts and pronghorn seasons. The current set-up makes it easier for elk and 'lope hunters to make plans such as vacation time, etc.