THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    My moose hunt may have gotten put on hold...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My moose hunt may have gotten put on hold...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was looking over some moose hunting info last night when LaRita said "You know, I'd still like to do a caribou hunt. We talked about that a few years ago and still haven't done it."
So now I'm feeling a little guilty, I took my first caribou last week, and my moose hunt may turn into our caribou hunt Eeker clap That is unless we go to Newfoundland. Any place you'd recommend for a husband and wife caribou hunt???

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
As they say, "What's good for the goose..."

Count your blessings.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
As they say, "What's good for the goose..."

Count your blessings.

Hey, whos side are you own?? jump

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can do a moose and mountain caribou hunt in British Columbia and I'm pretty sure you can do the same type of combination in Alaska. Cabela's does a drop camp for caribou and moose, but I'm not sure how successful it is.

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From their webpage. "The success rates for 2004 were excellent with caribou running 90% and moose not quite 30%." Eeker

posted Hide Post
Mark,
Try to call Horace Lane from “Riverrun Outfitting & Tours†( http://www.riverrun.nf.net/ ).

NugBuk

Posts: 18 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 28 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A moose and caribou combo in Alaska is difficult. I did it, but I had to move. The best moose areas are not the best caribou areas.

Nevertheless, you can't beat Alaska for caribou.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TomFromTheShade
posted Hide Post
If you were going to go to BC to do a combo hunt you would HAVE TO get a bear tag too. Just in case. I couldn't see going to BC and not looking for one of those brutes.

- TomFromTheShade -

Make it a point in life to leave this world a little better off than it was before you came into it.

Posts: 81 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark--contact Ron Hicks at snowshoe lake hunting and fishing--41 Bouzane st.--Grand-Falls Windsor Newfoundland Canada A2A 2W7

1-888-968-4868

snowshoe@nf.sympatico.ca

He will give you a moose and caribou hunt that you won;t forget. Have hunted with him since 1998, with success. Tell him Don Hertz gave you info for a reduced price.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote