THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Take note this could happen in your state next

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take note this could happen in your state next
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
Ever wonder why California is so screwed up?
http://www.wonews.com/t-Perspe...alRights_102011.aspx

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
Thats California for you... Frikn broke ass dump.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"The California Department of Fish and Game is a state agency responsible for the fish and wildlife of California, and is funded in great part by the sale of fishing and hunting licenses to sportsmen and women in California. They, and all Californians who believe that fish and wildlife should be managed by sound scientific and biological principles, should be infuriated that such an element as the Humane Society of the United States, who do not believe in such principles, should be associated with a state agency such as the DFG."

That's total BS. Money from liceses and tags goe into the general fund and is doled out to Fish & Game on a miserly basis. At leats that's the way it was when I lived (existed?) there. I doubt anything has changed. So now they're in bed with the HSUS. Big whoopie. They used to sleep with the Sierra Club. I wonder when they divorced.
California fish and game laws have always been a politcal mess. Does and usless spikes were sacred cows when I lived there. I left in 1970 for good reason. I couldn't put up with thei anti-gun crap, especially in Feinstien's San Francisco and the hunting was well into the crapper way before I left. Finding a place to hunt was way too difficult and most private ground was strictly no hunting. I did have access to one private ranch till a bunch of rich lawyers leased it out and even the ranch owners were not allowed to hunt their own ground. I learned about that back in 1964 when I got back from overseas and got mustered out of the Air Force.
Times got tough for a while after I escaped from the People's Republic but it all work out for the best in the long run.
People in California voted themselves into that mess. Let them vote themselves out or just leave.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
Well said Paul!

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I'm just not capable of feeling any sorrow for anything that happens to someone foolish enough to call the land of fruits, flakes and nuts home. The fact of the matter is that residents of the land of the looney have allowed it to degrade to the point it has. It ain't my fault and frankly I don't care what happens there.

I spent the worst 3 years of my life in the realm of the ridiculous when I first joined the Navy. As soon as I could, I got a set of orders out of that hell hole. Swore I'd never go back and my shadow has never darkened an inch of soil there since then. And it never will.

One of the serious flaws with that place is that anyone that can bail, does. Rather than try to fix it, they head to other states and bring their liberal ways with them. my home state of Colorado has been virtually ruined by idiots from there moving in. Frankly I'd like to see them build a fence around the place and refuse to let anyone leave until they fix that cess pool.

You made the bed. Lie in it. And keep the Hollywood Liberals and politicians like Pelosi there. Nobody else needs or wants them.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
rotflmo There you go again. I'm only trying to warn you that if enough city dwellers in Phoenix or Denver or Cinncinnati or wherever start voting anti-hunting because HSUS inserted itself into the politics of YOUR state that you can kiss hunting goodbye. Roll Eyes
Just be aware that this didn't happen because we the hunters sat on our ass and didn't do anything, it was because liberal anti-hunters outnumbered us and voted in liberal anti-hunting politicians.
This situation may come to your hometown too. shame

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
The warning is noted, but name any other state in the Union that is as screwed up as Kalifornicate, you can't do it.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
The warning is noted, but name any other state in the Union that is as screwed up as Kalifornicate, you can't do it.

How about Mass or N.Y.? Throw R.I. in there as well. Illinois isn't far behind and it's only because of Chicago.
If people aren't alarmed look at Colorado, Oregon, and Washington state. The liberal Californians have taken their money and relocated to these beautiful places and are slowly taking them over. Wyoming has Jackson Hole, Arizona has Sedona, Oregon has lost it's western half as has Washington, to the liberal voting idiots. You can see it very easily if you look at how things have changed in these areas.
California has lead the charge to eliminate Mountain Lion and Bear hunting, and has gotten the houndsmen out of the picture. It is spreading to other states. Look at Oregons laws.

It will continue until the idiots are either educated or the situation is so dire that there is nothing left to do.

The "re-introduction" of wolves hasn't exactly been done well. They relocated Alaskan Wolves rather than allowing native wolves to repopulate. And believe me they were there. The anti-wolf hunting advocates want the rest of the world to believe the wolves are balancing things out. Thing is they are ignoring the impact man has made on the habits of the game animals already. Man has pushed wildlife into smaller areas, concentrating the populations, and now has shipped in highly efficient predators to wipe them out. Once the game population drops there will be a ban on hunting that species, and the wolves will turn to something else. Eventually you won't need equipment for hunting and it will be easier to pass gun bans as there will be a much smaller population advocating gun ownership. The downward spiral continues!

We should all be as supportive of each others threats because divide and conquer works.

The Blue Ribbon Coalition supports offroad activities, but do hunters? The closures they fight affect hunters.
This should stir thought in everyone. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
rotflmo There you go again. I'm only trying to warn you that if enough city dwellers in Phoenix or Denver or Cinncinnati or wherever start voting anti-hunting because HSUS inserted itself into the politics of YOUR state that you can kiss hunting goodbye. Roll Eyes
Just be aware that this didn't happen because we the hunters sat on our ass and didn't do anything, it was because liberal anti-hunters outnumbered us and voted in liberal anti-hunting politicians.

I hate to tell you this but California's Fish & Game was already screwed before you and I were born. I was born in 1938 and the bunnyhuggers of the day already had their hooks into F&G. Does and spikes have as far back as I can remember been untouchable sacred cows. F&G did have some draw hnts back in the 50's but a certain bunnyhugger group named after some mountains always seems to draw all the tags and on Labor Day have a big party whee they burned the tags. The buck to doe ratoi in californis is so screwed up that I have seen at least one doe with antlers. I know because the game warden wanted to ticket me for shooting her. A doe with a spike on one side and a forked horn on the other and no balls at all. From what I've heard, mine wasn't the only doe with horns taken. Mine as back in 1957 BTW.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul B:
quote:

I hate to tell you this but California's Fish & Game was already screwed before you and I were born. I was born in 1938 and the bunnyhuggers of the day already had their hooks into F&G. Does and spikes have as far back as I can remember been untouchable sacred cows. F&G did have some draw hnts back in the 50's but a certain bunnyhugger group named after some mountains always seems to draw all the tags and on Labor Day have a big party whee they burned the tags. The buck to doe ratoi in californis is so screwed up that I have seen at least one doe with antlers. I know because the game warden wanted to ticket me for shooting her. A doe with a spike on one side and a forked horn on the other and no balls at all. From what I've heard, mine wasn't the only doe with horns taken. Mine as back in 1957 BTW.
Paul B.

California actually had it's last doe hunt in the late fifties. Then because of Bambi, with the wisdom that has ruled this state since about that time, the state government left the ultimate decision on game laws up to the counties, specifically the county boards of supervisors. These folks of course are elected so are under pressure from their constituents so no more doe hunts, bear hunts, what have you.
Don't even get me started on the initiative process where a bunch of kooks can gather enough votes to get anything on the ballot so because people's only exposure to wildlife was watching "The Lion King", they can vote to ban mountain lion hunting because we wouldn't want to kill "Mufasa" would we? CRYBABY
Just be aware that anytime you have a chance to educate anyone on the benefits of hunting, the realities of conservation, or work for a pro-hunting politician, DO IT!

Have gun- Will travel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nate, I have hunted with folks from New York and they are fine folks. California is more screwed up than any other state in the U.S..

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nate, I have hunted with folks from New York and they are fine folks. California is more screwed up than any other state in the U.S..

+1

I have visited all 50 states, 3 U.S. Territories and 49 foreign countries. Of all those places, I'd visit any of them another time. EXCEPT FOR CA.

I will wade through hell bare-footed and pay cash money for an old fashioned ass whipping before I spend another second there.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flags:
quote:

+1

I have visited all 50 states, 3 U.S. Territories and 49 foreign countries. Of all those places, I'd visit any of them another time. EXCEPT FOR CA.

I will wade through hell bare-footed and pay cash money for an old fashioned ass whipping before I spend another second there.

I'm really getting the sense you are on the fence about CA. Here's hoping you make up your mind soon.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Do Ford collectors in other states refuse to sell parts to fellow CA Ford fans?
Do TX Democrats ignore liberal candidates from CA?
Do anti-hunters in CO feud with anti-hunters in CA?
Do anti-gun people in MT deny funds for anti-gun causes in CA?
Do PETA members in WY make sure they complain loudly about any anti-hunting campaigns coming out of CA?

No, most other groups cooperate for the good of their cause. But not gun owners or hunters. That's why we'll lose, we fight among ourselves while the other groups fight together. Divided we fall. That's why we'll lose.

For someone to hate an entire state because they were lured to a city in the pursuit of a career or paycheck and assume the whole state is as rotten as that city is ludicrous. Cities are more liberal than rural areas throughout the world. To judge all Californians by your experience in one of it's liberal cities is not seeing the whole picture. There are still lots of conservative gun owners and hunters in California, but we are out voted by our liberal cities. I'm sure this could never happen anywhere else... right? Denver isn't getting any more liberal.... or is it? Seattle is shooting down any gun or hunting rights infringements that come along... right? Bozeman is serious about keeping out all liberal ideas... correct? Gun ownership has just gotten easier in Chicago and New York... right? I'm sure all those MT Obama voters were supporting him for his great pro-gun and pro-hunting views... right?

We conservative Californians don't like the Cities either, that's why most of us stay out of them. I still haven't seen the post about someone hating all the liberal Californians in Alturas, Willows, Paso Robles, Merced, Tehachapi, Valley Center, Klamath, or any other of the thousands of more conservative towns that still have lots of hunters and shooters. People always hate CA because of their time in a major city. Please don't forget about the rest of us. Many of us have ties going back generations before the California cities were famous for their liberals and we're still trying to fight. Unfortunately one of our most difficult battles comes from our own ranks... go figure.

Californian hunters and shooters get very little support from our brethren in arms in the rest of the Country so we lose. As it spreads here... it will spread elsewhere. Divided we will all fall. This has been proven many times throughout history and hunters and gun owners in the USA are proving it yet again.

This thread is sickeningly typical of hunters and gun owners divisiveness: Someone points out a tactic to watch for in their own backyard and the all the knee jerk comments essentially read, "I was in one of the most liberal cities in the world and hated it so I don't care what happens to all the fellow gun owners and hunters among the other 30 million people in the state." Is that a logical reaction? Do you truly think that attitude will benefit the rights of your children and grandchildren to make sure we pass on the National freedoms we currently enjoy?

I don't think this will be news to anyone, but the liberal causes creep in from the edges. I don't like it either, but that's the way it is. Those of you who think you'll be in the last State to not infringe on your hunting or gun rights haven't studied much history. Just stick your head in the sand and I'm sure those nice folks in "your" government will grant your every wish.

As a Nation we'll go halfway around the world to thwart terrorism, but hunters and gun owners won't support brothers in arms even a few states over. That's why we'll lose.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Very well put Kyler.

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
It's really ironic that the anti gun activity that infringes upon me most comes from other gun owners in other states.

Do I agree with 10 round magazine law? - no, but it doesn't really impact me. I will most likely reload before then.

Do I agree with the assault weapons laws in CA? - no, but it doesn't really impact me. There are viable alternatives.

By now almost everybody knows the shipping firearms to CA laws do not apply to non-FFLs and for FFLs it is about a 20 minute 1 time registration and about 5 minutes to get the certificate when you want to ship.

But the single most infringement of my gun rights, is AR members and sellers on Gun Broker etc that say - NO SALES to CA.

Congratulations you will likely get a Christmas Card from Diane Feinstein.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community to use any opportunity to reply to a post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence problem.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10068 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kyler, understand your points and your anger. In reality however, everything you said while being true and to the point, it ain't gonna change anything.

You are 100% correct in that gun owners/hunters do not support each other, and it really don't matter which state it is.

Deep down inside, no matter how many protestations of innocence, all of us veiw hunting and gun ownership issues, in the light of how they are affecting us as individuals.

It is not the rest of the countries fault, nor the fault of conservative Californians that your state is screwed up. The fact remains and is not going to change, many folks across America, and not just gun owner and hunters, think that California is screwed up.

The main problem with California is that the very individuals that screwed it up have started leaving there and moving to other states and are trying to to the same things to them that caused them to leave California in the first place.

None of us can change the individual thoughts/ideas/beliefs of another person. In the end game, it really does not matter how united gun owners and hunters are or how hard we fight, we are outnumbered and our numbers decline annually. I am not willing to roll over and play dead, but I also am not going to bury my head in the sand and try to remain blissfully unaware of what is happening.

Californians put themselves in the shape they are in without anyone else's help. If some of us seem to be insensitive jerks, well, maybe we are, and maybe we will end up in the same shape as California.

Maybe however becaiuse most or all of the stuff that has screwed up California is so blatantly obvious that everyone else has seen what happened there and learned from it.

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
No, most other groups cooperate for the good of their cause. But not gun owners or hunters.

Kyler,

Perhaps the ideal place to start is your own state and address the very topic of this thread.

Don't like the CDFG's sleeping with the enemy syndrome? Fine, why not get all of the hunters and gunowners in CA organized and petition the CDFG to back away from what it's doing? And if that doesn't work, protest with your dollars by NOT buying licenses and/or tags.

Now, once you get all those conservative CA hunters united and take a stand give the rest of us a call. Wink

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
So.... you just want me to call you when the hunters and gun people in California get all liberal and anti-gun/hunting problems fixed... okay, that seems fair.

Along with that same logic let's make sure we only spend money as individuals or counties to deal with border issues with Mexico. To stay consistent with the thinking of gun owners and hunters, let's make sure that TX, AZ, CA and NM refuse all Federal help on border issues. We wouldn't want to team up to get something larger accomplished. Splitting up and fighting as individual states or regions was the tactic that won the USA nearly every war... right?

I'm hearing more and more whining about "California" issues moving to other states. At what point do we call them "liberal" or "anti" issues and band together to fight them?!?!?!

Or better yet, if you're convinced it's only a California problem let's work together to fight the issues IN California before they spread to your neighborhood. To stop terrorism we go kill terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan. Or if hunters and gun people were running the strategy we would wait for them to come to the USA to cause more terrorist acts and then whine about them as "Iraqi" or "Afghanistan" problems. The military is making a dent in the extradinarily complicated war against terrorism because they call it terrorism and shut it down where it starts. Why can't hunters and gun people learn from these lessons on how to win a fight? Whether I lived in California, North Carolina, Wyoming or Minnesota I would think this would be obvious.

We seem to spend the vast majority of our energy fighting each other. And that's why we'll all lose.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
protest with your dollars by NOT buying licenses and/or tags.

Oh yeah this will work! That's like saying don't hunt in Zim because of Mugabe. We, the hunters and shooters who are in California are the only thing that is standing between our 2nd Amendment and an outright ban on all hunting and firearms ownership. And don't think that if that goal of our common enemies is accomplished here, those in DC won't do it nationwide. Remember catalytic converters started here, try buying a car without one now.
If we don't hang together, we will certainly hang separately.

Have gun- Will travel

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
So.... you just want me to call you when the hunters and gun people in California get all liberal and anti-gun/hunting problems fixed... okay, that seems fair.

Thanks for making my point. If you can't get all the hunters and gun owners to stand together against YOUR game department on the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, then you will never do anything to change what's happening there.

The rest of your reply is irelevant to the subject under this discussion. While all those problems are indeed spread across many states, the FACT that the CDFG is sleeping with the HSUS isn't. It's unique to YOUR state at this point in time.

So tell me: what do you and the rest plan do about it??

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is obvious it will be without your help. Frowner I have responded to issues in other states because of NRA and SCI requests, was I wasting my time? I would hope not. Some of us will stand up for our own, some will not.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not meaning to stir this pot anymore than it has been, but are ALL California hunters and gunners standing together to fight the good fight or do some of them just do their hunting in another state or country and don't even mess with trying to hunt in their own state?

Can or will the stuff that has happened in California as far as hunting and guns happen in the other state, yes, anything is possible.

Is it probable, I really don't think so and if for no other reason, simply because California has been so easy to watch and see the results of their "Great Society".

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
quote:

It is obvious it will be without your help. Frowner

How does that adage go? Is it ""God helps those who help themselves"."

So again, what is your plan to help yourselves?? But hey, if it's nothing, I sure can support that without much effort. Count me in. Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
quote:

It is obvious it will be without your help. Frowner

So again, what is your plan to help yourselves?? But hey, if it's nothing, I sure can support that without much effort. Count me in. Roll Eyes

Tony,
We will continue to support and work for pro-hunting, pro-gun candidates and fight against anti-hunting legislation like we have for the past 50 years. Now that this situation has come to light (this is the first that I have heard about it so it hasn't been disseminated to the SCI or NRA membership) we will try to get those 2 organizations involved.
We will continue the fight for your and our rights with or without your help.
Wish us luck.

Have gun- Will travel

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what an interesting thread. I live here and I'm not as anti-california as some of you out of staters.

First, I'd guess most states are safe, my opinion is the people that push these anti-gun/hunting agendas gravitate towards the places that are the nicest to live, most beautiful with the best weather. That's why the central valley, the farm land, tends to be so staunchly conservative but all the beach towns so liberal. Colorado is nice so a bunch of them moved there. If you live somewhere suck ass then you're likely safe. (for now, eventually they may model the laws in the hopes of drawing people there). And Texas is safe because the state is already strongly protected (from what I hear) by intelligent laws and a very cohesive contingent of pro-hunting pro-second amendment citizenry.

For CA I support the idea of a boycott on all hunting licenses and tags. It speaks with our money, which is the only language the politicians speak. And the message would be LOUD. If HSUS could get their foot in the door with 5k then millions lost would get somebodies attention I'm sure. I wrote two letters to two larger hunting magazines asking them to help spearhead this because they have the readership to reach people and get it started.

I have a buddy that's a hunter, AVID hunter, and he even supports the idea of suspending the deer hunts for a few years to let the population bounce back. We do need to have some doe hunts, and we also need to really crack down on poaching.

I do my best to elect people I feel will push an agenda that I agree with, obviously we're often outvoted. Everybody wants to focus on the gun and hunting laws, but they are a small part of the overall problem, just like illegal immigration is. We have huge systemic problems that need addressing. For instance, we have a broken ineffective welfare and disability system, which invites peoples to milk it, those people gravitate here and vote for politicians that are going to continue that pattern of handouts. Most people voting don't polarize to hunter/non-hunter. We would like to believe that but the truth is other than hunters and gun owners and the small BUT VERY VOCAL group of anti's, most people have other bigger concerns. It's an unfortunate fact that most of the politicians they love for giving away hard working people's money ALSO are anti-gun and hunting. So the guy who stays home drinking beer collecting disability checks because he's working the system, or the lady surrounded by kids getting welfare checks, they vote for feinstein because she'll keep that system flowing, not even knowing that she's also going to take away the guns and rights of the people that are paying the taxes into the system that's letting them sit on their ass.

Other than not being assholes I don't know what out of staters can do to support us, the only thing I could see is if there were protests. anti's will travel all over the country to places they don't live and wouldn't visit, just to support their twisted agendas, I wonder if pro-gun pro-hunters would do the same?

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[Tony,
We will continue to support and work for pro-hunting, pro-gun candidates and fight against anti-hunting legislation like we have for the past 50 years. Now that this situation has come to light (this is the first that I have heard about it so it hasn't been disseminated to the SCI or NRA membership) we will try to get those 2 organizations involved.
We will continue the fight for your and our rights with or without your help.

Well, that's a good start, but it seems like it will be a pretty tough go given the current make-up of the population and how they vote.

I was more asking for what specific you guys will do in regards to the CDFG/HSUS situation.

I did some research, and it appears none of that was due to any vote that might have been influenced by the "liberals", etc. Instead it appears it was simply a case of a decision made by CDFG.

Sooo.... to me, it seems the best option at this point would be a concerted effort by the state's hunters to put pressure on the department to reverse that decision. And it won't take a vote to do that.

But of course, that will mean getting the MAJORITY of the hunters in your state involved.

And yes...GOOD LUCK!

quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
For CA I support the idea of a boycott on all hunting licenses and tags. It speaks with our money, which is the only language the politicians speak. And the message would be LOUD. If HSUS could get their foot in the door with 5k then millions lost would get somebodies attention I'm sure. I wrote two letters to two larger hunting magazines asking them to help spearhead this because they have the readership to reach people and get it started.

Red

I agree. Difficult to implement, but it would certainly get someone's attention. That's why I mentioned it.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Red and Tony,
I think you guys have your hearts in the right place but are not attacking the situation correctly. The result of us not buying licenses and tags would be that the state would lay off all of the game wardens. That would mean the poaching which is already a far bigger impact on wildlife populations than legal hunting would be unchecked. So highly reduced game populations result in the closure of all hunting. Now the libs have another excuse to take our guns away.
If it gets much worse, I'm already working on Mrs. Blacktailer to move to another state or if Obama gets re-elected, another country. It won't solve the problem but I can always bitch from afar. Big Grin

Have gun- Will travel

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The result of us not buying licenses and tags would be that the state would lay off all of the game wardens.

With the economy the way it is, I doubt that would ever occur if the MESSAGE of the boycott was clear: sever all ties with HSUS.

And I also doubt the actual boycott would ever need to occur. BUT ..it will take organization and lots of media attention to make the threat quite real.

I would think the CDFG chief would have enough brains to get that message loud and clear knowing his or her job would also be in jeopardy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not agree with folks not selling/shipping stuff to gunners/hunters in California. It is not those folks fault completely that things are the way they are.

However, gunners/hunters in California evidently did not unite and fight to keep some of the stuff that happened from happening.

Now, it is too late to change what is happening, no matter how much outside support or money is funneled into th state.

Gun owner and hunters are out numbered, and outside support is just that, outside and so has no political clout or input i.e. voting power to change things.

Another point is that California is messed up on so many levels that have absolutely nothing to do with hunting or gun ownership.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
This HSUS is not the Humane Society we grew up with. This outfit is a combination of Friends of Animals, Fund for Animals and the rest of the anti hunting/fishing swill that Wayne Pacelle spews from his piehole. CA really needs to be exiled from the USA and fenced. Keep them away from American's.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys know there are a lot of real hunters from California. Spend some time in Northern California and you’ll probably change your mind. I know we have our problems but we still hunt. Some states you can’t hunt dove, CA you can. Some states you cant hunt black bears, CA you can. Some states you have to wear orange, in CA you can wear whatever you want. About the only animal we can’t hunt here in CA is a mountain lion, but if you’re under 30, you can kill cougars all day long. And I’ll willing to bet, our CA cougars are a lot better looking then the cougars in the rest of the states!!!

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CA Safari Hunter:
Some states you can’t hunt dove, CA you can. Some states you cant hunt black bears, CA you can. Some states you have to wear orange, in CA you can wear whatever you want. About the only animal we can’t hunt here in CA is a mountain lion, but if you’re under 30, you can kill cougars all day long. And I’ll willing to bet, our CA cougars are a lot better looking then the cougars in the rest of the states!!!

I can hunt doves in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, etc...

I can hunt black bear in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico etc...

I may have to wear some orange in Colorado, but I can also hunt mountain lion there. And I can hunt them in Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho etc...

As for "cougars", got a news flash for you ACE, I can hunt them in any state. And every state has "cougars" as good looking as in Cali.

But, one thing I don't have to put up with in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico etc... is Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer, Jerry Brown, hunderds of Hollywood morons and 31 million assorted assholes. Y'all are welcome to keep all that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is sad that California hunters and gun owners have been dealt the hand they have.

Yes, California does have hunting opportunities, but the hoops that hunters have to jump thru to participate btake am lot of the joy out of the whole process.

Sort of like hunting coues deer in southern Arizona. It is somewhat enjoyable, until you remember that watching for drug smugglers/bandits from Mexico is part of the equation. Then the "Fun" sort of dwindles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flags – Wyoming has hot cougars? Colorado (outside of Aspen)? Seriously? Hot ones? In a bar? Seriously? Better/more than California???

CHC –The number of liberals here out votes the number of hunters every time. Kind of like how we got Obama. But the CA DF&G needs our money and they aren’t going to change that. FNAWS, MDF, RMEF, DU and others raise a lot of $ for DF&G projects, and the amount of $ that comes in for the auction tags is something they can’t lose. I’m not worried.

I’ve been hunting in CA since I was 10. I follow the little rules they make, but the only ones I can think of is – no lead rounds in the condor zone (SoCal only) – no full auto guns – and no hunting mountain lions. Doe hunts (there are a few) can be done. All 3 species of elk are here (but drawing a tag is like winning the lottery). You can hunt birds/ducks, deer, bear, and pigs every year. If you’re lucky you can draw an antelope or sheep tag. It’s not that bad. I can understand why a non-resident wouldn't come to CA to hunt, but as long as I live here, I’ll put in for an X zone tag, and plan some out-of-state hunts.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flags:
will wade through hell bare-footed and pay cash money for an old fashioned ass whipping before I spend another second there.

Makes me laught 'til tears come from my eyes! animal

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:

So again, what is your plan to help yourselves?? But hey, if it's nothing, I sure can support that without much effort. Count me in.

Makes me just want to cry! CRYBABY

BTW, you won't find "God helps..." in the Bible, no matter what translation you search!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote