New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lazzeroni Cart.
 Login/Join

<dcan>
posted
Wonder if anyone knows if the Lazzeroni line of cartridges are based on the 404 or are of his own design.
Thanks

posted Hide Post
Lazzeroni himself claims that they are his own design.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I have one Lazeroni case I picked up from the range, and it looks suspicously like a 416 Rigby case in dimensions.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lazzeroni claims they are his own design. He stated that he hadn't seen a 416 Rigby when he designed the cartridge line, or he would have used it. It was apparently just coincidence that they came out so close to the Rigby case. FWIW. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<dcan>
posted
Thanks Guys

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I heard the same story and always thought it a little odd that someone could have the wherewithal and knowledge to design his own cartridge and never hear of something a popular as the .416 Rigby. I suppose he didn't realize how similar it was to the big Weatherby's either.

All sarcasm aside, I did want to get the 6.71 Blackbird and was a little sad when he discontinued it. His website makes for a pretty good read too.

Canuck

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 12-21-2001).]

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John actually has two different basic cases the largest of which is very close in head size to the Rigby...the other is smaller.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree Canuck! Anybody going to the trouble of designing his own cartridge to sell to the masses..."416 Rigby? What's that? Never heard of it!"

Yeah, right. I've got a proprietary design worked up for this thing I like to call "the wheel".... Got a lot of money? I'll sell you some....

Before anybody takes offense, I don't know if that story is true or not, my commentary is simply a joke on if it is true. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse for copying something and stamping your name on it if you ask me (if it's true).

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote