The Accurate Reloading Forums
Lazzeroni Cart.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/9771069

21 December 2001, 07:07
<dcan>
Lazzeroni Cart.
Wonder if anyone knows if the Lazzeroni line of cartridges are based on the 404 or are of his own design.
Thanks
21 December 2001, 07:24
GeorgeS
Lazzeroni himself claims that they are his own design.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

21 December 2001, 07:25
Paul H
I have one Lazeroni case I picked up from the range, and it looks suspicously like a 416 Rigby case in dimensions.
21 December 2001, 09:27
dan belisle
Lazzeroni claims they are his own design. He stated that he hadn't seen a 416 Rigby when he designed the cartridge line, or he would have used it. It was apparently just coincidence that they came out so close to the Rigby case. FWIW. - Dan
21 December 2001, 14:56
<dcan>
Thanks Guys
21 December 2001, 18:15
Canuck
I heard the same story and always thought it a little odd that someone could have the wherewithal and knowledge to design his own cartridge and never hear of something a popular as the .416 Rigby. I suppose he didn't realize how similar it was to the big Weatherby's either.

All sarcasm aside, I did want to get the 6.71 Blackbird and was a little sad when he discontinued it. His website makes for a pretty good read too.

Canuck

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 12-21-2001).]

22 December 2001, 09:22
DB Bill
John actually has two different basic cases the largest of which is very close in head size to the Rigby...the other is smaller.
21 December 2001, 23:24
Jon A
I agree Canuck! Anybody going to the trouble of designing his own cartridge to sell to the masses..."416 Rigby? What's that? Never heard of it!"

Yeah, right. I've got a proprietary design worked up for this thing I like to call "the wheel".... Got a lot of money? I'll sell you some....

Before anybody takes offense, I don't know if that story is true or not, my commentary is simply a joke on if it is true. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse for copying something and stamping your name on it if you ask me (if it's true).