Find
Notify
Tools

Sasquatch....Shoot or don't shoot?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I have a game cam pic of a black bear on my property in South Texas, so I suppose one is possible.
I'd shoot it (the ape-man), get it to a freezer room, then put it on Ebay.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I have stayed out of this one so far, but, I just gotta add my 2 cens.

Yes new species are discovered yearly, but not in the continental United States. Practically all of the new species being dicovered are small, nothing of this things size in a long time.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellows, I am shooting. NO doubt.

Have you all seen the latest Bigfoot show. I can't remember the name. There are some real characters. Everything is a "squatch".

Posts: 11992 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
I have stayed out of this one so far, but, I just gotta add my 2 cens.

Yes new species are discovered yearly, but not in the continental United States. Practically all of the new species being dicovered are small, nothing of this things size in a long time.

I tend to agree. They're also claiming sightings in pretty populated areas where there's virtually no chance that somebody wouldn't at least find a dead one or some part (bones) of a dead one. I mean if there are live ones, there have to be dead ones, and a dead animal that big leaves traces for a pretty long while in most climates. And there's also no fossil record of anything remotely similar in North America.

Having said that, if I see one, I'm shooting it! BOOM

Posts: 641 | Location: SW Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjjm4:
I tend to agree. They're also claiming sightings in pretty populated areas where there's virtually no chance that somebody wouldn't at least find a dead one or some part (bones) of a dead one. I mean if there are live ones, there have to be dead ones, and a dead animal that big leaves traces for a pretty long while in most climates. And there's also no fossil record of anything remotely similar in North America.

Having said that, if I see one, I'm shooting it! BOOM

Here let me play Devils advocate.
In Colorado the DOW claims there are at least 12,000 bears and they admittedly may have that wrong by 40%. Out of all those bears living and dying how many died of old age dead bears have you found?
I personnaly have not found one and I've hunted Oregon and Colorado in some very remote stuff that is beyond what most people want to hike to.
None.
If the breeding population of Sasquatch across the west is under a thousand the chances of you finding a dead one are very slim, not to mention if they are smart enough to have a ritual of burying the dead like early man they will never be found.
Just a thought not saying I'm a believer or dis believer, just another viewpoint.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd shoot him in a New York minute!

Then I'd have him stuffed in the towering upright position, arms out stretched like huge claws, teeth and fangs barred, eyes red as a demon's, and I'd fix a sound system inside him to ROAR! when I pushed a button.

Then I'd tour the country for several years charging adults $10.00 to view him, and allow children under 12 years of age in for only $7.50. (As the late, great W.C. Fields once said, "Never give a sucker an even break.")

After the U.S. tour, then it would be Canada and South America, then Europe. (I wouldn't go to China because as we all know, the Chinese will eat anything. Might wake up one morning over there and my "exhibit" would be less his hams and backstrap.)

Then, I'd have my agent arrange various televison appearance contracts, plus negotiate for big bucks an epic movie of how I shot Bigfoot. (I'd star for much moola plus a percentage of gross, of course.)

If I ever do shoot a Bigfoot, I'll post it here first. Once I get my exhibit on the road, all Accurate Reloading members will get in to see him for... get this, half price! Afterall, loyalty is everything.

I think my .280 Remington will work just fine, but I'll go with the Nosler Partition 175 grains bullets.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If millions of hunters, farmers, ranchers, and poachers have not shot or ran over one somewhere across the US they do not exist except under the influence.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya i kinda doubt the whole bigfoot thing.
even with all the legends of yeti and
abominable snowmen,photos of tracks,films,
long reddish hairs, and eyewitness accounts.

But I want to believe

I want to believe that there is
one more mystery and one more wild place
left out there somewhere.
One more place that is untrodden
and unseen.
And thats where he lives

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is possible but probable? Who knows.

Posts: 11992 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
I do not know if they exist or not but when I lived northern CA a lot of the timber workers beleived in it and would not call them liars. I would just leave and not say anything.

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That "finding Bigfoot" show is a bunch of buffons! Those people are morons! Do you really think a sasquatch is going to reveal him/herself to those idiots? Maybe he/she should. I bet it would scare the crap out of them so bad they wouldn't know what the heck to do! Heck maybe B'foot is playin' games with 'em!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 460 wby shooter:
I do not know if they exist or not but when I lived northern CA a lot of the timber workers beleived in it and would not call them liars. I would just leave and not say anything.

I wouldn't call a group of loggers liars if they told me that Nancy Plosi was a conservative. I'm a little smarter than that!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
The best evidence for the existance of Sasquatch(other than myself and Jeffeosso), is the ability of an unrelated creature to be completely hidden from human eyes. The Colorado grizzly was thought to have been wiped out in the early 1950s. It was rediscovered living at the highest elevations in the mid 1980s. Extremely leary of anything resembling a human. If a critter such as a bear can remain completely hidden, then why not a primate? Why not a primate or primative human remain even more elusive?

Two good books on the Colorado Grizzlies are
Ghost Grizzlies By David Peterson and The lost Grizzlies by Rick Bass

Posts: 187 | Location: Late,Great Golden State | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
If you shoot it then you better haull a$$ and never tell anyone. Because they dont exist and you just killed a man in a monkey suit.. shocker

Posts: 10141 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
As the immortal Quint said: "My taxidermy man gonna' have a heart attack when he sees what I brung (sic) him!"

Big Grin

Dang KG - How would you field dress him? Skin him??

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Oh, I see this phantom, mysterious thread is still going. animal

BIGFOOT DOES NOT EXIST, unless you are talking about the Shaq. He has bigass feet.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
BIGFOOT DOES NOT EXIST.....

Doc, If they don't exist then how and why do they stink?

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 11 January 2012 04:57 Hide Post
I'd shoot him in a New York minute!

Then I'd have him stuffed in the towering upright position, arms out stretched like huge claws, teeth and fangs barred, eyes red as a demon's, and I'd fix a sound system inside him to ROAR! when I pushed a button.

Then I'd tour the country for several years charging adults $10.00 to view him, and allow children under 12 years of age in for only $7.50. (As the late, great W.C. Fields once said, "Never give a sucker an even break.")

After the U.S. tour, then it would be Canada and South America, then Europe. (I wouldn't go to China because as we all know, the Chinese will eat anything. Might wake up one morning over there and my "exhibit" would be less his hams and backstrap.)

Then, I'd have my agent arrange various televison appearance contracts, plus negotiate for big bucks an epic movie of how I shot Bigfoot. (I'd star for much moola plus a percentage of gross, of course.)

If I ever do shoot a Bigfoot, I'll post it here first. Once I get my exhibit on the road, all Accurate Reloading members will get in to see him for... get this, half price! Afterall, loyalty is everything.

I think my .280 Remington will work just fine, but I'll go with the Nosler Partition 175 grains bullets.

L.W.

I just had this conversation with my wife a couple weeks ago. You can hardly flip through the TV channels without finding a bigfoot show. Whoever shoots that sonofabitch could make a billion dollars if they market it right. I'm shooting and cashing in.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IF I were certain that it was indeed a non-human creature, and not some nut in a suit...and IF the circumstances were such that I knew I could make the shot...OF COURSE I would shoot. Aside from the possible/probable monetary value, the value to science would be such that it would be irresponsible not to obtain a specimen.

Who knows for certain whether or not these things exist? NO ONE!!! Imagine laying that question to rest! The charm of the mystery is lost if you are not trying to solve it. Even if you dismiss 99% of the sightings and evidence as hogwash (probably a reasonable assumption!) there is still too much background, stretching over too many years, to discount the possibility of an unknown species.

Doc, doubt and skepticism are fine...certainly a safe, healthy alternative to gullibility. Question away, pick apart the evidence under a microscope, but...why so strident? Stating that Bigfoot DOES NOT EXIST, no ifs, ands or buts, case closed? That is as extreme, and as unproductive, as the guys who claim to see them every day on the way to work and chase them out of the vegetable garden with a broom. Keep an open mind!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doug Pisano
posted Hide Post
BANG!

drdougrx

Please enjoy my hunting photos if you wish!
http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx/

Posts: 84 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I'd throw some ninja moves on BF and take him alive. I've been practicing...just in case.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually believed that getting married meant sex all the time. That was a BIG hoax! Mad

Truer words may have never been spoken!

I also agree that obtaining a specimen for science ( and the monetary cash-in that would follow) is the only responsible thing to do. …. But I as well may ask for some beef jerky first!

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Seen a few in scooters at Walmart, not sure if my 500 Jeffery is enough gun ...

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4732 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
Which States sell tags for a Sasquatch and what would be the fallout from bringing one in without a tag?

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JabaliHunter:
Which States sell tags for a Sasquatch and what would be the fallout from bringing one in without a tag?
can't have tags for critters that don't exist

One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Neither can you shoot something that doesn't exist! Smiler
So, hypothetically...

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
very true!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Neither can you shoot something that doesn't exist! Smiler
So, hypothetically...

The answer is simple. For a hypothetical sasquatch you buy a hypothetical tag!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
We believe in God and the devil so why not a yeti or a Saquatch?

How many people have see the very strange behaviour of dogs in areas where such legends abound?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
http://www.bigfootlunchclub.co...kill-bigfoot-on.html

According to this site, humans killed 32 sasquaches over the past 125 years, or one every 3.9 years on average. Other sites tell of laws that protect these mythical beasts.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't shoot one with anything less than a 458 Win Mag with 500grain bullets!!! shocker

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always carry a hypothetical gun in case I run into one.

465H&H

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:

How many people have see the very strange behaviour of dogs in areas where such legends abound?

My dog suffers from coprophagia. So what the hell kind of mysterious critters live around me? Eeker

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
http://www.bigfootlunchclub.co...kill-bigfoot-on.html

According to this site, humans killed 32 sasquaches over the past 125 years, or one every 3.9 years on average. Other sites tell of laws that protect these mythical beasts.

Bill Quimby

Does that site also reveal how many times Santa has been seen?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My dog suffers from coprophagia. So what the hell kind of mysterious critters live around me? Eeker

One of my dogs is a devotee as well. He doesn't actually "suffer"...but the rest of us do when he partakes!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take him alive and have him as the stand-in fighter for Judge G with 700 Nitro in the cage. Handcuff him to make it even. space

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
quote:
quote:

One of my dogs is a devotee as well. He doesn't actually "suffer"...but the rest of us do when he partakes!
boy, so do we... frickin disgusting. I'm sure the ONLY reason she does this is because 30 BigFoots live in the creek 3 houses down.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't shoot a sasquatch. They are smart, maybe even smarter than we are. I saw one driving a UFO one time.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13398 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
If there was only one left then shooting it would not be the cause of extinction for the species and could provide a wealth of information. On the other hand, if there were several left, then shooting one wouldn't make the species extinct and the information provided might be used to help the species increase in numbers.

I'm not worried either way because Sasquatch doesn't exist.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote