New
Find
Notify
Tools

Staying warm while hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do most the thing above as far as layering,but a few years ago I bought a cheap blaze orange jacket at K-mart (also) seen them at wally world, they have a fleece type lining with a hood, light weight,susposed to be waterproof and don't bind. I hunt in nebraska and when used over the layers,I haven't found anything better in the wind.The best item I have is a plastic five gallon bucket with a padded lid. I can carry extras,have something to sit on or shoot from in a pinch.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
quote:
Originally posted by LWD:
Judge G’s thread about staying warm while hunting got me to thinking about what I do here in Texas to stay warm.

Dang, son.....what would you do on a chilly morning up here in a cloud of sea smoke and sideways-blowing snow? I'm guessing not duck hunting!!!! rotflmo

Hey Norton,

That sounds like a perfect day to me for duck hunting. In weather like that I hunt the mid to lower tides by walking the marshes and jump shooting ducks out of the leeds. The best duck shooting there is! The harder it blows the better it gets!

Cheers!

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote