New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Nugent Poaching Conviction
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted may not be expressing my wishes in the way I want them expressed but he IS out there expressing them.

I am tired of taking the "high road" and playing defense myself. The only time you score is when you are running the ball.

Ted is just the like the NRA, not perfect but the best we have.

I really think ol' Ted appeals more to the younger crowd, and that's also a good thing. We need more younger people involved with hunting and the outdoors. We need to get the younger folks more knowledgeable about the Bill of Rights, and I think Ol' Ted is doing a good bit there.

He is over the top sometimes, but so are the damn antis.

He is a different type of spokesman than what we are used to, but we gotta try everything we can, and use everyone we can.

There aren't many of us that have the resources or the "Bully Pulpit" so to speak that Ted has.

I am glad he is on my side.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Convincing other people that are interested in hunting is not what we need.

Convincing people that do not hunt, but have no problem if other folks do, and border line people that are undecided either way, but are not real open to the rhetoric and emotional bsflag of the anti's, really may not respond very well to the "In Your Face' approach either.

This has nothing to do with taking the high road, this has to do with educating, not alienating. Preaching to the choir and the folks in the Amen Corner is doing no good, we as a group are out numbered and and late getting into the game.

The folks that like hunting do not need to be preached to! The folks wanting hunting stopped are not going to change their minds, period. The folks out there in the middle of the road, are NOT all young people. There are a lot of fol.ks out in the real world, that grew up around folks that hunted, even though they themselves never did, PLUS, there are people out there that for wharever reason stopped hunting, but they have nothing against those that do, But They Do Vote.

If avid, life long hunters are stating that they have reservations or even are not all that comfortable with the concept that Ted Nugent is not who they feel represents their feelings about hunting/gun ownership, then something is wrong.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm an AVID, LIFE LONG hunter.

We have a difference of opinion......so what.

Ted is doing something, I admire him for doing it.

No one thinks all middle of the roaders are young, I never said they where.

I said I thought Ted had appeal to the younger crowd, I still do. Without recruitment of the younger generations hunting and shooting sports are history, I don't want them to be history, I don't think you do either.

SInce we are late getting into the game we better play catch up fast, use all the tools we have.

SOME avid life long hunters are expressing reservations, not all, I am one that's not and I know several others that are not.

Ted ain't my kind of guy, but I'm sure glad he is out there doing what he's dong.

I hate to see other Hunter / shooter types continuing Obama's hatchet job.

Divided we fall.............Obama likes dividing....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Back to the old agree to disagree. I have been hunting a while myself and yes, Nugent is somewhat appealing to the younger crowd, but just like with the middle of the road crowd or the older crowd, many folks are developing or have reservations/concerns about Nugent being considered as the "Face and Conscience of American Hunters".

He simply does not represent all of us, and only speaking for myself, it is not WHAT he is saying, but his method of delivery and incidents such as the bear hunt in Alaska. Middle of the road, non-hunting voters that may have no problem with other people that do hunt, may not be or are not real receptive to the "In Your Face"/Confrontational style of delivery, and add to that an incident where game laws were broken.

Having a celebrity support us and our sport is fine, until their actions start giving a negative aspect toward the group as a whole.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched the Glen Beck interview of Ted yesterday. It appeared to me that his arrow hit the bear in the perfect behind the shoulder shot. It should have dropped within fifty yards with that shot. They couldn't find it? May be more to this than Ted is willing to admit. Maybe it wasn't big enough for him. But maybe not!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back to the old agree to disagree

Yes Sir. I'm good with that.

quote:
He simply does not represent all of us, and only speaking for myself, it is not WHAT he is saying, but his method of delivery

No doubt.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
I watched the Glen Beck interview of Ted yesterday. It appeared to me that his arrow hit the bear in the perfect behind the shoulder shot. It should have dropped within fifty yards with that shot. They couldn't find it? May be more to this than Ted is willing to admit. Maybe it wasn't big enough for him. But maybe not!

465H&H

If that's true then Ted is guilty of being a slob hunter and breaking the game laws. Just ethics alone should've made him and his guide track that bear down.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4732 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys can come up with some real shit when you don't know shit, LOL! The video in the Glen Beck interview is the bear that he dead centered and the arrow passed all the way through. You can see it as the bear jumps and runs to the left and goes off camera. That is the bear that Nugent recovered and tagged, then took back home and was indicted for taking across state line by the Feds. It IS NOT the first bear that he nicked and that subsequently made his tag invalid for the bear in the Glen Beck video that he killed and tagged! If you watched his show when it was aired quite a while back, you wouldn't come up with all this crap to nail the guy when you obviously don't have a clue! I pretty much agree with crazy that Ted may be doing more harm than good with his brash, crazy, over-the-top delivery, but it's not to the point where I'm going to abandon him yet!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow topper. Very well articulated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One last thing on this draft dodger stuff! If you read his followup interview about that years later, he said that it was all made up and that one deferment was as a student when he was enrolled in college. After that he did receive a medical deferment, but there is nothing that even Snopes was able to come up with to say why he received that deferment, so they made no definitive comment on the pooping in the pants baloney!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
One last thing on this draft dodger stuff! If you read his followup interview about that years later, he said that it was all made up and that one deferment was as a student when he was enrolled in college. After that he did receive a medical deferment, but there is nothing that even Snopes was able to come up with to say why he received that deferment, so they made no definitive comment on the pooping in the pants baloney!

Yeah, everyone needs a few years to whitewash their history.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have you, by chance, done any time in the service in order to make crass remarks like that? I volunteered and did three years in the Army Vet Corp back in 68-71 when Viet Nam was going on hot and heavy, but I really don't give a shit whether Ted pooped his pants or whatever else his deferment(s) were for. That's between him and the good Lord above, just like everything else that doesn't involve me and a few more people on earth should take that same road IMHO!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys can come up with some real shit when you don't know shit, LOL! The video in the Glen Beck interview is the bear that he dead centered and the arrow passed all the way through. You can see it as the bear jumps and runs to the left and goes off camera. That is the bear that Nugent recovered and tagged, then took back home and was indicted for taking across state line by the Feds. It IS NOT the first bear that he nicked and that subsequently made his tag invalid for the bear in the Glen Beck video that he killed and tagged! If you watched his show when it was aired quite a while back, you wouldn't come up with all this crap to nail the guy when you obviously don't have a clue! I pretty much agree with crazy that Ted may be doing more harm than good with his brash, crazy, over-the-top delivery, but it's not to the point where I'm going to abandon him yet!

How do you know which bear they showed? If what you say is true then the producers of the show are at fault for the misundestanding. They were talking of the lost bear and showed that clip at the same time. Anyone watching the interview would get the same impression.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Have you, by chance, done any time in the service in order to make crass remarks like that? I volunteered and did three years in the Army Vet Corp back in 68-71 when Viet Nam was going on hot and heavy, but I really don't give a shit whether Ted pooped his pants or whatever else his deferment(s) were for. That's between him and the good Lord above, just like everything else that doesn't involve me and a few more people on earth should take that same road IMHO!

As a combat veteran I feel perfectly justified in judging draft dodgers. Nugent is a draft dodger just like Clinton. The fact that I tend to agree with Nugent's politics and not Clinton's has no bearing on the issue. A draft dodger is a draft dodger.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you know which bear they showed? If what you say is true then the producers of the show are at fault for the misundestanding. They were talking of the lost bear and showed that clip at the same time. Anyone watching the interview would get the same impression.

465H&H

***Glen Beck started by saying that Ted was on a bear hunt in AK and as he was saying that the clip of Ted shooting the bear that was centerpunched, found, and then tagged with an illegal tag (the tag considered filled because of the earlier nick on the one that got away) was shown. I told you how I know because the footage of him killing the bear on his TV show that led to the Federal indictment was the same friggin video they showed during the Glen Beck interview---comprende?

Lhook7 stated: "As a combat veteran I feel perfectly justified in judging draft dodgers. Nugent is a draft dodger just like Clinton. The fact that I tend to agree with Nugent's politics and not Clinton's has no bearing on the issue. A draft dodger is a draft dodger."

***The question wasn't for you, but seeing as you chose to answer, my response would be this. So you're a friggin combat veteran! The last I heard there is only one who can truly judge each of us and He is up above and sure as he** ain't you!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lhook7 stated: "As a combat veteran I feel perfectly justified in judging draft dodgers. Nugent is a draft dodger just like Clinton. The fact that I tend to agree with Nugent's politics and not Clinton's has no bearing on the issue. A draft dodger is a draft dodger."

***The question wasn't for you, but seeing as you chose to answer, my response would be this. So you're a friggin combat veteran! The last I heard there is only one who can truly judge each of us and He is up above and sure as he** ain't you!!!

That is a pretty stupid response. If that is the best one you have it is not worth discussing the issue with you.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

465H&H

***Glen Beck started by saying that Ted was on a bear hunt in AK and as he was saying that the clip of Ted shooting the bear that was centerpunched, found, and then tagged with an illegal tag (the tag considered filled because of the earlier nick on the one that got away) was shown. I told you how I know because the footage of him killing the bear on his TV show that led to the Federal indictment was the same friggin video they showed during the Glen Beck interview---comprende?

Top,

I just watched the clip again and no where did any one say that the clip was of the bear that was killed but deemed illegal. If you are right, why didn't they show the clip of the bear that was wounded? That would do more to show what actually went on.

I really don't care if you used a deferment to get out of the service. If it is a legal deferment, what is the problem? It is like a tax deduction, if it is legal take it!

You seem to have your panties wadded up. Try acting with a little common courtesy. Are you one of the idiots that were recently banned from here? Sure sounds like it.

465H&H

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lhook7 stated: "That is a pretty stupid response. If that is the best one you have it is not worth discussing the issue with you"

***It wasn't a stupid response. I was trying to tell you that the good Lord above is the only one that judges each of us and not you. What is so hard to understand about that?

465H&H stated: Top,

I just watched the clip again and no where did any one say that the clip was of the bear that was killed but deemed illegal. If you are right, why didn't they show the clip of the bear that was wounded? That would do more to show what actually went on.

I really don't care if you used a deferment to get out of the service. If it is a legal deferment, what is the problem? It is like a tax deduction, if it is legal take it!

You seem to have your panties wadded up. Try acting with a little common courtesy. Are you one of the idiots that were recently banned from here? Sure sounds like it.

***I didn't say they said anything about the bear in the video! I said Beck introduced the topic by saying that Ted went on a bear hunt in AK in 2009 and as he said that they showed Ted shooting the bear he killed. That was the bear he was charged with in the indictment for bringing it back across state lines. You would know that like I do if you watched the Nugent show a year or two ago when it aired on the Outdoor Channel. I guess since it was an interview that they wanted to chat, rather than have the entire Beck interview showing video. I now understand where you're coming from if you haven't watched the Nugent 1/2 hour show that had both bears in it. Sorry I pissed you off because I DID watch it and know what the situation is! Incidentally, I don't know why you put that statement in their about seeking a deferment. I volunteered and was a SP5 when I ETSd after serving three years (68-71) in the Army Veterinary Corp during the Viet Nam War. I just do not see why any of us should judge other people whether it's on the draft, how they vote, etc. IMHO that is between the person and his maker, not us. To answer your last question; no, I have never been warned or banned for one second on this website for violating anything and I have no idea what idiots you're talking about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lhook7 stated: "That is a pretty stupid response. If that is the best one you have it is not worth discussing the issue with you"

***It wasn't a stupid response. It was trying to tell you that the good Lord above is the only one that judges each of us. What is so hard to understand about that?

465H&H stated: Top,

***The bear they showed being killed was the bear he was charged with in the indictment. I guess they wanted to chat, rather than have the entire Beck thing showing video. I do understand where you're coming from if you haven't watched the Nugent 1/2 hour show that had both bears in it. Soory I pissed you off because I DID watch it and know wht]at the situation is! Incidentally, I don't know why you put that statement in their about my seeking a deferment. I volunteered and was a SP5 when I ETSd after serving three years (68-71) in the Army Veterinary Corp. I just do not see why any of us should judge other people whether it's on the draft, how they vote, etc. IMHO that is between the person and his maker, not me. To answer your last question, no I have never been warned or banned for one second on this website for violating anything and I have no idea what idiots you're talking about.

Top,

On the deferment, I wasn't talking about you but those that criticise someone for taking a legal deferment. I should have been more clear on that. Good to hear that you aren't one of the banned ones.

465H&H

One of Us
posted Hide Post
465H&H---I was rewriting some of my last post to make it a little clearer while you were putting up yours. I do get a little excited sometimes and apologize if you feel I was out of line. Have a good evening!