New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozonics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone here buy one? Thoughts? Does it work? I really am interested in those who bought one or did a lot of due diligence but decided not to buy.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I don't own one but I know a guy who has an ozonic unit in his dog breading business

He swears that it really cuts out that dog shit stink

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They may cut down on scent in a confined space, like a portable blind, small room, etc. No way they work in wide open spaces. If you've noticed all of these "professional" TV hunters who push that thing always wait until the wind is right to hunt a particular stand, even when lugging that ozonics box around with them and sticking it up in a tree.

I think it's as big a farce as scent lok, all of those scentless sprays, etc.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never used one. I was just on a whitetail hunt in another state. The guides had some. They swore by them.

I picked one up. They were pretty light.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ozone is quite a powerful thing - yes it can kill odors etc, but it also creates some. also it is rather dangerous to the tissues in your lungs. nothing to fool with really. even the govt. recommends to stay away from it

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who stand hunts with one and swears by it. I've never used one myself.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look online,you can build one yourself for next to nothing.Do they work?Maybe if conditions are right.I hunt out of a pop up blind and have had deer 10 feet from me with out getting my scent.I use vanilla as a cover scent,and it seems to dull their noses.Works very well.I spray it on my self,my boots and where I sit.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't own one but I have 4 buddies that have them. They swear by them I was skeptical until last year. I borrowed one too try I went and set in a pop up blind. The wind was blowing 7-10mph the direction the deer usually come in from. The first deer came in straight downwind and didn't act spooked at all. An hour later another doe cam in and acted a little spooked but calmed down and fed within 20 yards of the blind for about 10 minutes. Long story short 11 deer ended up coming in downwimd and several fed for 10-20 minutes within 10 yards of the blind. I'm now a believer it may not work all the time but I do believe it has some effect. I still haven't bought one I have used one a few more times. I will,probally purchase one this year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is an article on them in the latest issue of Petersens Hunting if my memory serves me correctly. I just threw several magazines out. This was one.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote