New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone draw oregon?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
all unsuccessfull again. one more drawing for me( KS deer)

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of NRC
posted Hide Post
Successfull for

Antlerless Deer Unit 611 (Scapoose)
and
Elk 246 C (Cow, Flagtail)

My buddy and I have applied every year for the last 4 years and these are our first tags..

Posts: 52 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beatty's Butte for muleys, Tioga for 3pt+ elk, and Applegate doe tag. Someday I'll get that sheep tag, thats the one I really want.

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

YOU got a mule tag for Beatty's Butte!!

YOU DOG YOU!

CONGRATS BUDDIE!

cheers and good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate and able to buy an outfitter's bull elk tag for the Snake River unit. My buddy and his father also drew this tag so we will all be going in together. They figured they would draw it as they had 4 or 5 points. That is why I bought the tag. Even if they had not drawn my buddy said he would go in with me. This is a drop camp hunt so we will be packed in on mules and set up camp and hunt from there. Hunting pressure should be fairly low as we will be several miles in. The outfitter said we should figure on taking the first mature bulls we see as it is not known for really big bulls. There have been some taken out of there that scored in the low 300s though. That would be plenty good for me since I have only been able to hunt spikes here in SE WA state. The hunt starts November 6th and goes for 9 days. Rufous.

Posts: 224 | Location: Walla Walla, WA 99362 | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea John,
It's been a while coming. I went over last weekend to Hart Mountain for an Oregon Hunters Association service project. You could see Beatty's butte and the Steens off in the distance. I saw close to a hundered antelope and a couple dozon sheep, including a bachlor group of a dozon with one big old boy in it. I'm planning on taking the kids over there scouting a couple times before the season. I know its harrasy but I'm planning on taking the 270 Weatherby loaded with 130 grain partitions screaming out around 3350. That should reach out and bonk 'em.

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elk - NO, Mule Deer - NO, Anterless - Yes. I was one for five, but the goat and bighorn sheep don't count. The Elk shouldn't count either, I'm holding out for the Winaha (sp) elk unit. I have six points, but I'll probably need at least nine.
Gary T.

Posts: 112 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gthomsen,
"I have six points, but I'll probably need at least nine."
It's more like 12 preference points. You would be better off applying for Walla Walla unit.
What about the Sons of Norway question on the dog forum?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mike.

Yeah you know I am not a mag guy usually, but that is 270 Weatherby environment over there. That should be a dynamite hunt this year.

I am very envious Bro!

I'll try to drop in in the near future. I may be off to Montana to do a little prairie dog shooting soon.

Cheers and Good shooting
john chr.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rufe,

I scouted that area quite a bit several years ago when I drew a Mule Deer tag for that unit. It is real spectacular. Even if the hunt is a bust, I will be a lifelong memory.

The were a lot of deer up there, and also I saw several Elk also. That unit is what adds the attraction to hunting adventures.

Good luck!

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

one of us
posted Hide Post
Buck deer - Lookout Mountain

Posts: 117 | Location: Tumwater, Washington | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,
Have a great dog shoot if I don't see you before. Thoughs blue dot loads for my daughters 243 shot great and she had a lot of fun shooting them. I'm becoming a blue dot convert. The more I hit the high desert the more I like it, the Hart Mountain area is increadible. I've got to admit that crabbing and salmon fishing on the coast are pretty cool too. Arn't we the lucky ones.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doe and cow tag,both Stott Mtn.

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote