THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Boycotting the Shooting/Hunting Industry in Anti Gun State Hands them a Victory
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boycotting the Shooting/Hunting Industry in Anti Gun State Hands them a Victory
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Seems like Buckeyeshooter and Die Ou Jagter ought to take care of business at home before trying to prove a point elsewhere. Pennsylvania and Ohio were two KEY battleground states and they both went to Obama. Hypocrites are great aren't they

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Not to mention, ole Die Ou Jagter's Senator is leading the charge for increased gun control in D.C. And, Senator Toomey is a Republican!

D.C. Gun Control Laws

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Seems like Buckeyeshooter and Die Ou Jagter ought to take care of business at home before trying to prove a point elsewhere. Pennsylvania and Ohio were two KEY battleground states and they both went to Obama. Hypocrites are great aren't they

I believe I said boycott if it makes you happy. That is not too hypocritical in my book. But then I'm not attempting to get in your wallet and get you to give me your money.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
How about punishing those responsible?
These "elected" ALL have Buisneses that support their lives.
Identify them and then work against them!
There is MUCH that can be done to hurt "those" who have started this chit.
Pull out ALL the stops and Attack!
These people are our ENEMY!
The enemy of our life styles and FREEDOMS.
DON'T RUN, FIGHT!

Exactly! These clowns that passed this legislation dont want guns and hunters in CO so a blanket "boycott" doesn't bother them. To hurt them you have to pinpoint what effects them and boycott that!

I also want to add that I dont hate the guys that propose a blanket boycott. I hate the idea and hate the actions they are going to take but I hope those guys know that its nothing personal. Ifeel there are much smarter and more strategic ways to handle this that will have the impact we all hope to accomplish

Okay. Sounds good. Specifically, what do you guys suggest?

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay. Sounds good. Specifically, what do you guys suggest?

I cannot/am not speaking for Drummond on this, but boycotting the ski resorts would be a first step, those folks seem to hate hunters.

However it is not just the resorts, but any of the communities that pander to the liberal community. The ski resorts are an entity unto themselves, Aspen/Breckenridge/Steamboat Springs/Vail all depend on the winter, non-consumptive tourist trade.

The flip side of this whole thing, and it is the side that to me really makes the whole boycott issue somewhat meaningless, how many of us that hunt in Colorado, actually visit the ski resorts/the towns I mentioned or Denver?

Lora and I came thru a suburb of Denver in 2010 to drop off my bear hide for tanning, and that was the first time we had been near Denver in about 10 years or so. I avoid Denver and the front range, with the exception sometimes of Pueblo, like a plague.

A boycott of any kind, is not really going to achieve anything in my opinion, simply because Non-Resident hunters/fishermen do not make that significant an impact on Colorado's annual income anymore. I really hope someone can prove me wrong on that.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest hiring someone to research
those involved and their personal buisness interests and publish the list to
outdoor groups and anyone else.
Make it a campaign, for starters.
Out of state groups could use this to avoid spending their hard earned money there.

Someone ,somewhere has some dirt on these SOB's,
AH, I mean politicians.
Somebody grab a shovel.

Now lets stop the bickering bullshit and put our heads together here and make something happen.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Out of state groups could use this to avoid spending their hard earned money there.

AH, I mean politicians.
Somebody grab a shovel.

Now lets stop the bickering bullshit and put our heads together here and make something happen.

Sounds like a good use of our dues that go to the NRA and SCI Wink Dig the dirt up on the SOB's and make a campaign to organize some pressure by the shooting/hunting community.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a random thought.

If you are not going to hunt with an outfitter in CO, then by NOT going, you do not support the state Government with your license fee, your state sales taxes, your state gasoline taxes, etc...

Yes, you do hurt the small busineses you would have spent money with, the motels, and other stores, etc...

As these States loose business form hunters, tourists, and have industry leave, then maybe some good people will be elected and these laws repealed...

I do hate to see the pro gun people in these States effected by the Boycott.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a question, do you believe that the hunting/fishing visitors to Colorado out number the non-hunting tourists that visit there?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Just a question, do you believe that the hunting/fishing visitors to Colorado out number the non-hunting tourists that visit there?

I don't know the actual numbers of people visiting this state but it's my impression that tourists of all types outnumber hunting visitors, but the number of hunters visiting is very substantial and brings a significant income to the people of Colorado. Hunters also bring dollars to towns that normally don't see the summer rush of tourists.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I think ravenr and Blacktailer are spot on. The people spearheading this need to be responsible and their business activity needs to be boycotted, our slimey Governor, our Dem run state House and others. We need to track them down and publicly, loudly voice that we are boycotting their interests.
They won't like it and will scream "unfair" but it needs to be done.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
quote:

AH, I mean politicians.
Somebody grab a shovel.

Sounds like a good use of our dues that go to the NRA and SCI Wink Dig the dirt up on the SOB's and make a campaign to organize some pressure by the shooting/hunting community.
Both very responsible ideas. I'll attempt a 3rd.

Perhaps some of the residents of Colorado could FOIA the campaign contribution lists of the asaclowns that voted for the anti-firearms laws. Identify the major contributors from these lists and the businesses they own, run, work in, are associated with, etc. and then share the information on multiple hunting/firearms sites. Perhaps that would result in a sufficient number of emails and letters of boycott to the boards or owners of the businesses to impact the contribution pocketbook of the asaclowns. I will certainly write my share of emails and letters as well - as withholding my monies from these businesses where I possibly can.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hunters also bring dollars to towns that normally don't see the summer rush of tourists.

Exactly WHY I will not boycott Colorado.

I think the following is a reasonable possibility also.

quote:
Perhaps some of the residents of Colorado could FOIA the campaign contribution lists of the asaclowns that voted for the anti-firearms laws. Identify the major contributors from these lists and the businesses they own, run, work in, are associated with, etc. and then share the information on multiple hunting/firearms sites. Perhaps that would result in a sufficient number of emails and letters of boycott to the boards or owners of the businesses to impact the contribution pocketbook of the asaclowns. I will certainly write my share of emails and letters as well - as withholding my monies from these businesses where I possibly can.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

While I do not have a set of numbers to fall back on, I will bet the 21 members of Colorado Ski Country USA have MANY more times the numbers than the hunting/fishing industry. Almost all of them still have slopes open now. I would bet Aspen, Winter Park and Snowmass have more than the numbers of total hunters without the other 18 members, since they have more than 20 lifts each that run all winter and most of the spring and fall when there is snow.

Remember, these are just the skiers, not hikers, campers, bikers, etc.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
I'm sure there are a fair share of Game Wardens in other states that enjoy "catching" people much like there are police officers that enjoy writing tickets regardless of the infraction.
BINGO!
An ass is an ass no matter where he hangs his hat.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Over the next several years I expect the industry to concentrate in states like Montana and Wyoming and Idaho and Nevada.

I really like the notion that many firearms and accessory manufacturers are refusing to sell firearms and accessories and repair services to anti 2nd Amendment states. I think Barrett was the first.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote