THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Boycotting the Shooting/Hunting Industry in Anti Gun State Hands them a Victory
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boycotting the Shooting/Hunting Industry in Anti Gun State Hands them a Victory
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted
Boycotting the hunting/shooting industry in CO or any other state simply hands the opposition a victory and weakens the ability of the pro-gun residents in that state to fight back.

I just love the message it sends..."Dear fellow hunters and shooters in Colorado, you lost one...so now we will accelerate the position of the other side by weaken your economic power."

I rarely use such strong words on here but boycotting Colorado hunting is about the stupidest thing you could do.

Now boycotting Colorado ski resorts and every other product you can think of and letting them know about it is a good idea.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10136 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike if you can find a way of doing this with out giving the state govermant fee or tax dollars let us know.

Every time you buy a lic., pay state gas tax, pay sales tax , pay motel tax in CO.

You are directly surrporting the state goverment dosent matter if you are going hunting ,sking back packing,fishing or any other activity.

Posts: 19607 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
No system is perfect. I find your way of addressing it to be about as efficient as possible. Support those on your side. If some $ land in the states pockets, well, so be it.

It makes a bigger difference to the outfitters, hotel owners, landowners etc. than it does to the state, if you come to CO and hunt.

When conservatives are successful, they will often donate to conservative campaigns. When they are struggling to make ends meet, they are not likely to donate to local conservative candidates.

I hate to see these guys get burned because of the hippies in Boulder and Denver.

I support the hunting industry and those connected to it. If some money goes to the state, well, so be it.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to boycott any one particular business when I don't have a clue as to their stance on this ban and that's why I don't think others should either. To actually say you're going to boycott hunting is stupid IMHO when that is cutting your own throat and those who depend on it for a living. The DOW gets their money from license sales and that doesn't affect the other government departments, so where does that get you. I think it's really that simple.

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
P dog shooter,

I simply can't agree with the approach. If we don't support the Colorado guiding industry with a $4000 mule deer hunt because the State Gov't gets a $350 license and some sales tax we do more harm than good IMO.

In the long run that State Government reflects what they perceive to be the will of the people. By weakening the people on our side, we weaken their ability to influence the State Government.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10136 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Mike, Wendell, TopGun all really good posts and comments. tu2 tu2 tu2

P Dog Shooter, yes, the state in question will benefit in some areas from any money spent there, that is a fact of life whether these laws had been enacted or not. The bigger issue at least in my opinion, is why hurt the folks at the bottom of the food chain because of actions taken that they did not support or could not stop?

The difference that I see, is that a boycott, is only going to deprive the State of Colorado a percentage of tax money, but is going to deprive small business owners of income, income that they depend upon to make it thru the year.

I am simply not Patriotic enough to do harm to folks that have not done anything to harm me, and the guide and his family and the folks owning the convenience stores/gas stations, motels that Lora and I will be doing business with on this hunt if I draw the tag, have not done one thing to me personally.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I won't boycott the state or it's hunting, nor any pro gun business in that state. Nor will I stop supporting a pro-gun business in any of the other anti-gun states.

I will however boycott any and every business I can when I find out they have taken a position against mine. If the gun related businesses in a anti-gun state are still profittable but other revenue is down it' gets noticed.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNate:
I won't boycott the state or it's hunting, nor any pro gun business in that state. Nor will I stop supporting a pro-gun business in any of the other anti-gun states.

I will however boycott any and every business I can when I find out they have taken a position against mine. If the gun related businesses in a anti-gun state are still profittable but other revenue is down it' gets noticed.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
P dog shooter,

I simply can't agree with the approach. If we don't support the Colorado guiding industry with a $4000 mule deer hunt because the State Gov't gets a $350 license and some sales tax we do more harm than good IMO.

In the long run that State Government reflects what they perceive to be the will of the people. By weakening the people on our side, we weaken their ability to influence the State Government.
+ 1 X 2 tu2

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
No system is perfect. I find your way of addressing it to be about as efficient as possible. Support those on your side. If some $ land in the states pockets, well, so be it.

It makes a bigger difference to the outfitters, hotel owners, landowners etc. than it does to the state, if you come to CO and hunt.

When conservatives are successful, they will often donate to conservative campaigns. When they are struggling to make ends meet, they are not likely to donate to local conservative candidates.

I hate to see these guys get burned because of the hippies EDIT: ASSCLOWNS in Boulder and Denver.

I support the hunting industry and those connected to it. If some money goes to the state, well, so be it.
+ 1
Sorry I edited that. ASSCLOWNS fits better.

The term "hippie" used to denote people who are anti-establishment and I am anti establishment, or at least the CURRENT establishment.
Being from this area I know quite a few so called "hippies" who hunt and grow their own food.
Now a lot of them are called "preppers." Wink

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
I'm not going to boycott any one particular business when I don't have a clue as to their stance on this ban and that's why I don't think others should either. To actually say you're going to boycott hunting is stupid IMHO when that is cutting your own throat and those who depend on it for a living. The DOW gets their money from license sales and that doesn't affect the other government departments, so where does that get you. I think it's really that simple.

Most of this information is on the internet. You can look up a CEO or business owner and find out ALL KINDS of information about them.
Political contributions, party affiliations, who they network with, etc. It doesn't take long to sniff out the anti hunters...

Do some research, make your informed choices, but please don't simply stop helping the helpless people held hostage by the dumb-asses in large cities. The exact same thing is happening in Oregon and has been for more than fifteen years...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, and I am aware of all the different things you can find on the net if you have the time and want to dig in!

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
Thanks, and I am aware of all the different things you can find on the net if you have the time and want to dig in!

I wasn't directing that towards you. I was merely pointing out that you can Google, Bing, whatever a persons name and find out ALL KINDS of information.

Especially if you add the word political, affiliations or contributions to the search. Some of these guys MIGHT not know this.
I'm guessing that if a person owns a guide service, etc he is probably pro hunting, pro gun.

That being said, I remember a few years back a very famous gun manufacturers founder and CEO (Cooper) gave Obama's campaign a large donation. Which inevitably led to him stepping down and selling his shares of stock.

Now THAT boys and girls, is effective boycotting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
We can also start with Bank of America. They have told gun companies that they no longer want their accounts and business. We can say the same to them.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I will not boycott Colorado or any other place because of the anti-gun climate spouted and supported by ignorant, liberal, anti-US Constitution cowards. If I want to hunt there, I will be positive and consider myself and my money supporting those who share the same views as me.

If boycotting anti gun places is what we should do, heck, why don't we boycott hunting in every country outside the US? Every place except the US is a heck of a lot stricter on gun control!

How many of your gun publications come out of California? Will you cancel them? Since that is the route we want to take, let's make sure none of our reloading equipment or any of the optics and other hunting and shooting accessories come out of Japan, China, Viet Nam, Korea, etc.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So if I don't spend the money in Colorado on say a mule deer hunt, but instead spend it in Utah (a pro second Amendment state), I'm hurting our cause? Really? What makes these allegedly pro-gun Colorado businesses, better and more worthy than pro-gun businesses in Utah or Wyoming or Idaho?

Now Utah citizens get my business that Colorado lost. I don't see how why it's more important to support Colorado pro-gun businesses at the cost to Utah pro-gun businesses, unless the posters have some financial Ox in Colorado, that is now getting gored.

Awaiting clarification.

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
The clarification is don't boycott Colorado. If you want to hunt Colorado hunt Colorado, if you want to hunt Utah hunt Utah.

But to say I was going hunt in Colorado but now I am not going to is hurting our own cause.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alright then, I am choosing to spend my money, previously set aside to hunt in Colorado, in the pro-gun states. I am not boycotting Colorado, I am rewarding success in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
The clarification is don't boycott Colorado. If you want to hunt Colorado hunt Colorado, if you want to hunt Utah hunt Utah.

But to say I was going hunt in Colorado but now I am not going to is hurting our own cause.

Mike - All your posts on this topic simply make WAY TOO MUCH SENSE!!! Stop boggling the minds of some with logic/rationale.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
I will not boycott Colorado or any other place because of the anti-gun climate spouted and supported by ignorant, liberal, anti-US Constitution cowards. If I want to hunt there, I will be positive and consider myself and my money supporting those who share the same views as me.

If boycotting anti gun places is what we should do, heck, why don't we boycott hunting in every country outside the US? Every place except the US is a heck of a lot stricter on gun control!

How many of your gun publications come out of California? Will you cancel them? Since that is the route we want to take, let's make sure none of our reloading equipment or any of the optics and other hunting and shooting accessories come out of Japan, China, Viet Nam, Korea, etc.

More rationale/logic! Appalling.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:

More rationale/logic! Appalling.

Ditto!

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:
Alright then, I am choosing to spend my money, previously set aside to hunt in Colorado, in the pro-gun states. I am not boycotting Colorado, I am rewarding success in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho.

Sounds good. I wholeheartedly disagree with your position but I'll agree to disagree. I just hope that when we get these gun laws overturned, and we will, that you stay out of Colorado.

I see some of these guys say they're boycotting the state of Colorado because "we" elected the ass clowns that put these laws into place. By their rationale and logic, or lack thereof, they should boycott the United States of America because "we" elected Barack Hussein Obama aka Zero as president.

Boycotts are fine if you are responsible and strategically pick who you want to hurt and who you want to help. I for one will NEVER boycott a like minded constitutionalist and conservative because of their geography. I was raised to help those men and women, not to turn my back on them. Just goes to show who you can rely on and who you can't. Some folks just have no backbone, brains or both

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have in the past spent money in Colorado but not Utah, Wyoming or Idaho. Now I have decided to spend that money going forward in Utah, Wyoming or Idaho. That's not a boycott. Also, you bitch now, but you had no problem with me not supporting the good people of the 3 Red states when I was spending my money in your blue state of Colorado. Disingenuous much?

I don't make money off hunting in Colorado so I guess I see things different.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:
I don't make money off hunting in Colorado so I guess I see things different.

When I factor in my time and expenses I dont make enough money for it to matter to me. A lot of the stuff I do here in CO I do for nothing. I form my opinions as a matter of principle, not out of necessity.

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummond nailed it. These damn so called boycotts only hurt the little guys out in the field. These are the people we should be helping. His comment about boycotting the US is spot on as to proving my point. How about instead of looking for a way to punish the supposed perps lets look for a way to help our fellow enthusiasts. A much more productive approach in my mind.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I copied this from another thread I posted it on but it's relevent on this thread.
" posted 08 April 2013 07:23
The entire trouble is that if we don't stand together we will all fall.
Right here on this forum of like minded people we can't agree on one damn thing, wait till your state folds under the pressure and everyone else turns their back on you like you were the cause. We will all lose what we cherish in this fight if we can't find some common ground.
We need to stand together as a united front as firearms owners and defend any and all infringements on this right.
Any and all.
Whether its in your state or mine, ultimately it's the same battlefield. We are losing this a little at a time.
Focus people."

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about punishing those responsible?
These "elected" ALL have Buisneses that support their lives.
Identify them and then work against them!
There is MUCH that can be done to hurt "those" who have started this chit.
Pull out ALL the stops and Attack!
These people are our ENEMY!
The enemy of our life styles and FREEDOMS.
DON'T RUN, FIGHT!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
How about punishing those responsible?
These "elected" ALL have Buisneses that support their lives.
Identify them and then work against them!
There is MUCH that can be done to hurt "those" who have started this chit.
Pull out ALL the stops and Attack!
These people are our ENEMY!
The enemy of our life styles and FREEDOMS.
DON'T RUN, FIGHT!

Exactly! These clowns that passed this legislation dont want guns and hunters in CO so a blanket "boycott" doesn't bother them. To hurt them you have to pinpoint what effects them and boycott that!

I also want to add that I dont hate the guys that propose a blanket boycott. I hate the idea and hate the actions they are going to take but I hope those guys know that its nothing personal. Ifeel there are much smarter and more strategic ways to handle this that will have the impact we all hope to accomplish

posted Hide Post
Everyone has to make their own decisions based on principles they hold dear.

There was an article in The Varmint Hunter Magazine a few months back (well before the current hoplophobia) detailing the many ways the Colorado Parks & Wildlife Department has been morphing into an instrument for hassling hunters.

The author was a CO resident who cited several cases of what I would call entrapment and malicious prosecution.

Based on that article alone, I decided I would never hunt Colorado; the spate of anti-gun laws only ensures that I will spend as little money as possible in Colorado and on Colorado-based products and services.

Politicians are whores; when the tax revenue from hunting and gun-related products (and Pitman-Robertson grants) dries up, they'll get the message.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
George,

As you well realize, the article you cite is one person's opinion, as is your opinion.

I can speak on my behalf that the Game Warden that covers the area I hunt each year, is more than willing to help a guy out. Honestly, he is sometimes overly willing!!! In the past few years of speaking with him, he wants all his hunters to fill their tags.

I'm sure there are a fair share of Game Wardens in other states that enjoy "catching" people much like there are police officers that enjoy writing tickets regardless of the infraction.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The author was a CO resident who cited several cases of what I would call entrapment and malicious prosecution.

Could be way off base here, but the problem with the above, is that it was written by a Colorado Resident. As can easily be seen on this site, especially the ARPF many individuals seem to always have some sort of complaint about LEO's of any type. The dealings that I have experienced over the years with Colorado DOW and the GW's in that state have always been pleasant, bordering on friendly and helpful.

Some folks will comment that as a Non-Resident I would say something like this, because some Colorado residents feel that DOW and its employees cater to Non-Resident sportsmen.

The problem, from my point of view, is that I know quite a few Texans that would make those same type complaints against Texas GW's. From experience both in dealing with GW's here in Texas and the hunters down here that always have a reason to complain about the GW's and how they do their job, the complainers seem to always be the type that tends to walk the tight rope between what is and is not legal.

Admittedly, there are GW's and other LEO's that are over zealous in performance of their duties, but that happens nation wide in America, coincidentally, nation wide in America there are hunters/fishermen that believe that they do not need to follow the game laws as written.

Classic example at least here in Texas, your hunting/fishing license is supposed to be on your person, laying in the seat or on the dash of your pick up at the opposite end of the hundred acre dove field your hunting, is not on your person, yet people will set and argue the point.

I always view complaints against GW's with a little bit of a jaundiced eye. The laws are plainly written yet some will still say the law is unfair to them or the GW is picking on them. I have never had a problem with a GW anywhere, but know of folks in this area that seem to constantly be being "Hassled" by the local GW, and if a person digs deep enough they will find that this person is always doing stuff and been seen doing stuff that fell within that borderline violation area, and they never seem to learn that their interpretation of the law and how it should be enforced simply is not the way it works.

As someone else stated, everyone is free to make their own decision and act accordingly, it will just be interesting to see how the folks in favor of or intending to boycott Colorado will act when the cancer reaches their state.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
I see some of these guys say they're boycotting the state of Colorado because "we" elected the ass clowns that put these laws into place. By their rationale and logic, or lack thereof, they should boycott the United States of America because "we" elected Barack Hussein Obama aka Zero as president.

Boycotts are fine if you are responsible and strategically pick who you want to hurt and who you want to help. I for one will NEVER boycott a like minded constitutionalist and conservative because of their geography. I was raised to help those men and women, not to turn my back on them. Just goes to show who you can rely on and who you can't. Some folks just have no backbone, brains or both
BINGO! Same as Oregon. Multnomah County and the Portland Metro area have a larger population than the rest of the state (which is a bazillion times the size of Multnomah County) and they also have Ginny Burdick, Gov. Kissoffer (intentionally misspelled) and a host of total "feel good" ASSCLOWNS that don't care who they hurt (as long as it's not them) and out vote the rest of the state on a regular basis.

Here is a typical conundrum facing the rural people of Oregon, much like the rural people of Colorado:
Our three time elected Governor (not by me), Gov. John Kitzhaber, PhD, both supports abortion and opposes the death penalty.
I don't care where you personally stand on either of these issues, however this man is a former medical doctor, Hippocratic oath and all.

Kitzhaber finds no problem in killing an unborn fetus, however has a problem with killing a convicted child molester.
This is the kind of garbage our whole country is dealing with. Time to flush.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Boycotting is an individuals decision. Yes, boycotting because the majority or residents elected someone is a valid reason in my opinion. I don't go to where the political climate does not suit my beliefs-- right $hitstorm?
What I find interesting is several residents of Colorado shilling for people not to boycott hunting there. Your opinions definately are to be taken with a big grain of salt. If all you can give is excuses of I didn't vote for him, when are you going to take responsibility for doing something in local community to change how your neighbors vote?

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not a Colorado resident and no one is shilling for me to support them. In fact, if you will look back, me and the majority of the Colorado contingent, really do not get along at all.

That has nothing to do with my belief that a boycott of Colorado will have NO EFFECT on the PTB's that voted for this legislation or the citizens of the state that voted those folks into office.

My reason for supporting Colorado hunting and fishing deals with all the nice folks and friends I have made up there over the past 21 years, that live in the rural areas and who depend for a good bit of their annual income from the money brought in by Non-Resident sportsmen and women.

I feel that they are being effected enough by the passage of these laws and what it is going to mean for their futures as law abiding gun owners in Colorado. I firmly believe that all a boycott will do is add another kick in the nuts to folks that have already been kicked there.

Kind of like a joke I recently heard, a woman may want to have another baby and all the pain that involves, BUT, I ain't met NOBODY that wants to get kicked in the nuts a second time.

If your conscience is telling you that boycotting Colorado is the right thing to do, than by all means, stop making comments on the subject and just do it. Your mind is made up, no one is going to change it and that Sir is your prerogative.

Please respect the fact that some folks, and I am definitely one of those folks, do not see things the way you and some others do, and I will not take part in a meaningless action that will not have any effect on the people that need to be effected.

one of us
posted Hide Post
crazy-- that is a great reason to support them. You like everyone else has a right to an opinion and a voice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunters and Shooters in Colorado need our support.A letter to The Governor and Legislators voicing your disgust at their disregard for their Constituents rights and stating you will Boycott any Supporters businesses that promote Anti-Gun or Hunting legislation in their State.Then go out of your way to find out who these people or businesses are and follow through.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
Boycotting is an individuals decision. Yes, boycotting because the majority or residents elected someone is a valid reason in my opinion. I don't go to where the political climate does not suit my beliefs-- right $hitstorm?
What I find interesting is several residents of Colorado shilling for people not to boycott hunting there. Your opinions definately are to be taken with a big grain of salt. If all you can give is excuses of I didn't vote for him, when are you going to take responsibility for doing something in local community to change how your neighbors vote?

Well with that rationale try this, you still live in America don't you and pay taxes and buy hunting licenses here even after you voted Obama into office?

Like I said before if we can't agree on how to fight this as a group we all are going to lose.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Buckeyeshooter,

Didn't Obama win Ohio? Perhaps we should boycott Ohio?

Feel free to Boycott CA also.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Boycott what? They already took anything of value. Will the last person out please turn off the lights.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
Buckeyeshooter,

Didn't Obama win Ohio? Perhaps we should boycott Ohio?
Yep. the acorn folks got enough dead voters and illegals to vote 2 or 3 times to get him in.

yep. California been off my list from 2006.
Last trip there and felt like a foreign land.

No reason to boycott Ohio. The hunting is not that good and there is nothing of interest made here after the socialist took over. Maybe Smuckers if you like jelly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a resident of the most unfriendly state for guns, California - The boycotting and refusal to sell even legal firearms to residents of our state isn't helping the hunting / shooting cause in any way. The part of my family that wasn't already here grinding acorns and hunting deer with bow and arrow came in the 1800's to start a cattle business so we didn't make a recent choice to move here because of liberal politics.

The long time residents who are conservative can't out vote the hordes in LA and SF and we get Feinstein, Boxer and Brown as a result.... and the liberals did originally come from places way East of the Mississippi. They don't just hate guns they hate business and profit too unless it is for them or their politically aligned friends.

Supporting the small businesses in towns like Craig, Meeker and Rifle in CO is supporting people whose livings depend on hunting and who can't outvote similar recent immigrants from California crowding Denver and other urban areas. Boycotting those same folks just limits everyone's opportunities. I know a few years ago hunting in NW Colorado I got left about 12 miles from camp at a separate hunting area and as I started walking back along the road that evening - the 3rd person picked me up and gave me a ride all the way. It would be a cold day in hell in most of California before a guy walking along the road dressed like a pumpkin with a rifle would get picked up. I'd hate to see Colorado change to become CA.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote