Find
Notify
Tools

What happened??????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Where did the discussion about reloading supplies in El Paso go to?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Where did the discussion about reloading supplies in El Paso go to?

It was moved way down to the Reloading Forum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHY??????

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHY??????

How the heck should I know?! However, I would suspect that just maybe it was moved because it was about reloading supplies, LOL!

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Maybe because it's about Reloading and not American Big Game Hunting

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10096 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty good excuse, probably did not have anything with you and Snellstrom getting into a pissers match did it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is a pretty good excuse, probably did not have anything with you and Snellstrom getting into a pissers match did it?

You are a real pip CHC! If the Mods didn't like what was in the thread, they would have just deleted it, rather than just move it to where it probably should have been in the first place! Now you have to post what you did to get a pissing match started with you, but that's not abnormal behavior the way you operate on this site! Get a life, go check the Bison on the ranch, or do something else positive down in LONELY, Texas!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Right! Why hadn't they moved it when it was first posted??????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah Right! Why hadn't they moved it when it was first posted??????

How the heck should any of us know? Why don't you go ask a Mod like you're always telling us to do if you think there's a problem!

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
CHC,

It's not like this is a Moderator's full time job. He probably was busy doing other stuff and finally got around to it.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10096 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, let it go.

My comment really had nothing to do with the topic of the discussion.

If you didn't realize that then you don't pay real close attention to what takes place on some of these discussions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike, let it go.

My comment really had nothing to do with the topic of the discussion.

If you didn't realize that then you don't pay real close attention to what takes place on some of these discussions.

YOU were the one that should have let it go after asking your question and my telling you that it was moved to the Reloading Forum, but nope, you had to keep right on like you always do and tried to start another pizzing match over absolutely nothing! Now you'll probably come back and say it was only your opinion and everybody should be able to express their opinion on this site, LOL!

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
CHC,

You questioning anyone's ability regarding "paying attention" or reading comprehension is the pinnacle of irony.

You have a lovely evening now.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No it isn't Mike, go back and look at the comments that were made in the discussion about the Loss of Sport Hunters in the US!

Give it some thought.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Who cares?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
CHC,

You questioning anyone's ability regarding "paying attention" or reading comprehension is the pinnacle of irony.

No Mike, the pinnacle of irony was when he told you to "let it go." THAT was funny.

I think we need a Topgun/CHC forum with Snellstrom as moderator.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
CHC,

No Mike, the pinnacle of irony was when he told you to "let it go." THAT was funny.

I don' care who you are
That's some funny shit right there!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
CHC,

Now that would be a real hoot, LOL, but I vote NO!

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
CHC; et al,

Three guesses what this photo represents.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it isn't good!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, if my data center looked like that someone would damn sure be fired. Oh hell, it is probably Microsoft's. Smiler

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that it is early version of programming

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe because it's about Reloading and not American Big Game Hunting

Exactly.

I moved it because that is where it belongs.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67476 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And there you have it CHC! That is straight from the boss and debunks your theory completely!