Find
Notify
Tools

SCI can kiss my !!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
SCI can kiss my !!!

Yes SCI can kiss my A-S! Went and sent in an offer they included in the box of a new Swarovski AV 3-10x 42mm scope I bought. Offering a 1-year membership as a SCI Sportsman's Advocate for $30. Figured I'd been thinking about joining them for awhile now, so why not. Well they sent back my application, my check, with no apology or nothing. Just a frank statement that they no longer offer the Sportsman's Advocate membership. But hey, they did include an application offer for a 1-year membership at $55. Screw-um.

Phil

Posts: 1466 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Screw-um.

Don't tell us. Tell SCI.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
As a life member of SCI I can only say that I would definately take it up with them. Invest in a phone call and hopefully you will reach someone with a brain and the power to do what is right. I would also say that there are many groups out there doing some good for the hunting community, but none that match SCI's reach. No they aren't perfect, but then neither am I.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I agree with that advice.

I've been an SCI member for a lot of years myself, but there are times that SCI's arrogance can get a little trying. The trouble is, we, as hunters, need SCI's lobbying and political clout, and for SCI to do its job, it needs to keep increasing the membership, so personally I'd still like to see you work this out with SCI and join.

I know this: If I worked for SCI and your application crossed my desk, I'd do everything I could to honor the offer you put your trust in and sign you up under the terms of that offer, even if it expired. It's the right thing to do.

You might also consider joining Dallas Safari Club, which is a truly great organization in its own right, and growing all the time. I'm a member of DSC as well:

http://www.biggame.org

AD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you got a old scope package, becuse I don't think they have offered the $30 package for a couple of years, and actually you didn't all the bells and whistles with it i e the Mag.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allen day:
I agree with that advice.

I've been an SCI member for a lot of years myself, but there are times that SCI's arrogance can get a little trying. The trouble is, we, as hunters, need SCI's lobbying and political clout, and for SCI to do its job, it needs to keep increasing the membership, so personally I'd still like to see you work this out with SCI and join.

I know this: If I worked for SCI and your application crossed my desk, I'd do everything I could to honor the offer you put your trust in and sign you up under the terms of that offer, even if it expired. It's the right thing to do.

AD

Allen is right.
I've been thinking of joining some new hunting groups lately. Although your treatment by SCI would not by itself stop me from joining, if I heard this was common treatment by them from more people, it might.

I would call them back, first, if they didn't help you out then say screw them!

When you call, make sure to remind whoever you talk to that the reason groups like theirs run promos like this is to GET NEW MEMBERSHIP, not piss people off.

That might work...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
grayghost

SCI is a good org. I've been a member there for many years, I'm now serving on a local chapter board. Yes they do have their faults, everyone has faults. I get very upset with somethings they do, but in the end, there's no other org., that cares about our hunting like SCI does.

So, join up! if you don't want to pay the difference in the fee, I'll give you the 25 bucks! Mad

Join!!!!!! thumb

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i was a member of s.c.i. for many years, their arrogance and lack of caring when members have a problem drove me off as well.

calling and getting someone that cares and has the authority to help is highly unlikely.

join d.s.c., n.a.h.c., etc....

Cold Zero