THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Will Wyoming's wolf management include trapping?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Wyoming's wolf management include trapping?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
Anyone hear any details on this?

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Havn't heard anything about trapping.
this 1st year it sounds like the take is going to
be limited.
Only 52 wolves allowed statewide.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
(b) Gray wolves shall only be taken during open seasons with legal firearms and archery equipment, except as otherwise provided by Wyoming statutes and Commission regulations.

I would think they would stay away from the negative impact of trapping for a while. In the future it, poison, and aerial gunning will be the only means of control.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
quote:
(b) Gray wolves shall only be taken during open seasons with legal firearms and archery equipment, except as otherwise provided by Wyoming statutes and Commission regulations.

I would think they would stay away from the negative impact of trapping for a while. In the future it, poison, and aerial gunning will be the only means of control.

I am not sure such drastic means of control will be necessary. Idaho has been able to significantly reduce the wolf population this year by using hunting and trapping.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time will tell. Montana never met it's goals. Give them a year or two and see if they wise up. I hope hunting can control them.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll never see poison used, but it will take more than hunters to control them once hunting wises them up. Look at the numbers not being met in Montana and now they are already talking about easing the hunting restrictions next season to allow electronic calls, etc.