New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 cal barnes-x-bullets
 Login/Join

<modle 88>
posted
How are these bullets i have seen them but never tried them.I have a 22-250 i know these bullets are poor at expanding if say it hits a shoulder or other bone so would they be good for hunting wolf and coyotes!Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I took the plunge and bought a box of 53 XLC's. The best group I got out of my Remington 22-250 was 3.25" at 100 yards. I tried 4 different powders and different seating depths. Their tech line guy said that they were not to be used in 22-250. They are too long for standard twist to stabilize. I never knew that a 53 grainer was not considered a 22-250 range bullet. I understand his answer, but nowhere on the box did it say for "fast twist rifles" or 1-7 or 1-8" only. Piss on Barnes

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
<AVMcGee>
posted
I bought some to shoot in my .223. I have not shot any critters with them yet.
I have only loaded them in three different loads. My smallest group was about an inch at 50 yards. I wish they would shoot as well as my Sierra 60gr. HP and V-Max bullets.

Bt the way, the 53gr. X-Bullet is the same length as my Sierra 60gr HP.(.770")
But shorter than my 55gr. V-Max.

Jesse,
I do believe your 22-250 will shoot the Sierra and the V-Max well. I do not think the length of the X-bullet is the problem.

Andrew V. McGee