New
Find
Notify
Tools

remington sendero SF
 Login/Join

<LiMe>
posted
hello! thought that maybe anyone here would have som experience with this gun. I know this is no "custom" rifle but what kind of roups could i expect? I don�t have so much experience with Remington, but as much as I know, this rifle are a little bit more accurate than other remingtons? atleast, there is a nice stock on the rifle! =D

thanks for your help! Peter

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post

A picture being worth more than words, here's what my .300 Win Mag does with hunting loads at 100 m.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
<LiMe>
posted
looks nice enouht for me =D have you done anything with it or is it "out of the box"? i will have mine in 7mm rem. mag. for moose, deer and roe deer at longer ranges...

one of us
posted Hide Post
The sendero is a fine rifle, I had mine in .300 Win Mag...1/2" groups @ 100yds w/ Factory ammo, and I was able to ring the bell at 300yds w/ every shot from that rifle...nice to shoot, as that extra weight reduced the felt recoil, however, a pain in the a$$ to carry around. *oofda* Got rid of it, because of that extra weight though.

------------------
God Bless and Shoot Straight

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
<LiMe>
posted
yes, with a 26" barrel, i supose that there are better carry weapons... but i won�t carry it much, will only have it for longer ranges...

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Apart from my adjusting the trigger before firing the first shot, my rifle in in out-of-the-box condition. Oh yes, I played a little with screw torquing. HS recommends 65"lbs. while Remington advises 45. I settled on 62"lbs (7 Nm), after experiencing no difference with 65.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote