New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian hunter returns from Hell
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you didn't catch Clay Lancaster's interview on www.moosefm.ca you missed a tale of note! Clay and his fellow hunters were stranded in a blizzard for 2 days with hardly any food or water in temps going to -30 below zero, only to be picked up by a helicopter that crashes killing 2 and has to walk for help until picked up by forces on maneuvers using snowmobiles. I understand most of his companions were American. Glad to hear Clay is back home, and I hope all his buddies made it home safe and well.

Posts: 108 | Location: corner of walk and don't walk | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks Yama. I did not realize it was Clay! I have been out of the loop since coming to Chetwynd. The Lancasters are great people and although I don't know them well personally, they are very good friends of some of my friends. I am glad to hear he is OK.

Nice to see you at the banquet last nite!

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cauck, had a great time. A great effort by those responsible!

Posts: 108 | Location: corner of walk and don't walk | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW! Reminds me of an incident we had in Utah a few years ago. A couple of back country skiers were trapped in an avalanche near one of the major resorts. They were eventually rescued by the ski patrol and picked up by a life flight helicopter to be transported to the University of Utah hospital. That chopper never made it out of the canyon from what I recall. Just goes to show you, I guess, that no matter how bad things look, they can always get worse.

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote