Find
Notify
Tools

What Happened To Outdoor Writer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted
There used to be a guy who responded pretty regularly to lots of discussions. He went by the name, "Outdoor Writer." I did a search for him and found that he hasn't posted anything since September. I was just wondering if he was OK?

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hopefully he's just out hunting, it is the season

Posts: 304 | Location: Prince George BC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
He posted just today on this thread:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/4071087341

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
He's here. Wink

I did a lot of reading but wasn't posting much for a couple weeks (Oct. 18-Nov. 1) while my wife and I were at our time-share in Mazatlan, Mex. I have posted 20 messages or so since Sept. 30, though.

If you need some info, etc. just holler at me.

P.S. I WILL be off hunting the North Kaibab and offline from Nov. 18 thru Thanksgiving.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the messages from Sept 30 on.

RE: Report: Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep in Idaho. (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
Super ram! Congrats. I wanted to stop & rest just looking at your photos of that country. If I was......

Accuratereloading.com > The Accurate Reloading Forums > THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS > American Big Game Hunting
05 November 2010 15:43

RE: Idaho relinquishes wolf management; (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
From the Outdoor Wire: Calling For Calm With Wolves Editor's Note: Wolves have become a heated is......

Accuratereloading.com > The Accurate Reloading Forums > THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS > American Big Game Hunting
29 October 2010 12:02

RE: Right to hunt, fish on ballot in four states (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer

16 October 2010 06:18

RE: Right to hunt, fish on ballot in four states (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer

15 October 2010 16:52

RE: New Mexico public land elk (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer

15 October 2010 06:57

RE: New Mexico public land elk (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer

15 October 2010 06:47

RE: Croscican Ram (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
Here are some of the more accurate descriptions. Naturally, given the various cross-breeding that ha......

15 October 2010 06:32

RE: Croscican Ram (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
Good job, and nice ram. ......
14 October 2010 07:18

RE: looking for sheep pictures (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
Mario, Here are the ones I mentioned in my PM. The ones below are all LOW resolution files from th......

13 October 2010 08:52

RE: Wolf Competition (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
Leading Sportsman Blasts Montana Senators for Derailing Wolf Delisting Wildlife conservation group ......

12 October 2010 11:19

RE: Please let me introduce you to my brother....Ron Thorn (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
A Quebec/Labrador 'bou is the last of the four common subspecies I need. But I'm getting too old and......

10 October 2010 14:56

RE: Please let me introduce you to my brother....Ron Thorn (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
Good job. Congrats to your bro....

10 October 2010 11:45

RE: Idaho -- Bighorn Sheep Poacher Sentenced (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
05 October 2010 12:40

Idaho -- Bighorn Sheep Poacher Sentenced (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
From Idaho F&G: A Nampa man will spend six months in jail and pay thousands in restitution for poac......
04 October 2010 15:58

RE: Wanted: Color phase black bear hunt (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
Check with Roy Pattison of ......
04 October 2010 07:44

RE: Got 'er Done in Texas - More Photos Added! (in American Big Game Hunting) by Outdoor Writer
01 October 2010 07:18

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
And I thought you were just sitting out the negative posters who have been dominating AR lately!

Good luck on the Kaibab!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
And I thought you were just sitting out the negative posters who have been dominating AR lately!

Good luck on the Kaibab!

I found little interest in the pissers matches that are taking place. Frowner

Really looking forward to a return to the "bab. I hunted it for many years during the 1960s and early 1970s. BUT...I've been able to get only one permit since then back in the late 1980s. Killed my first AZ buck there in 1963 and my biggest one there in 1965.

This will also be the first time my oldest son will get to actually hunt there. He was there once with my grandfather and me when he was nine years old. He's now 48.

He's never killed a good mule deer, so I'll be concentrating on getting that done before I worry about me. I've already killed enough deer to cover a couple lifetimes.

One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
I'm glad your OK. I always like reading your posts. Smiler

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red C.:
I'm glad your OK. I always like reading your posts. Smiler

Thanks Red. I try to be a helpful member of the AR community.

BTW, "OK" is a relative term. I'll be 69 on Nov. 19, so my "OK" is getting lesser and lesser each passing day. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"69" Damn Tony I remember when you had black hair Big Grin Big Grin

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RM007:
"69" Damn Tony I remember when you had black hair Big Grin Big Grin

I still have a few black hairs here and there. But like my sex drive, the number is dwindling quickly. Cool

One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Good to see you. Good luck at Kaibab.... I killed my first deer there in 1974.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote