Find
Notify
Tools

another bang flop for the .270
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted
chalk up another one for ol'blue.tipped over on spot.150 yds.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is just plain hard to beat a good .270 any way you put it.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Congrats on filling the tag. But the performance of the .270 WCF??? That's no real surprise. It's been doing just that for a year or two now... Smiler

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
sure likes 130 gr core locks. Wink

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
Thirty plus years of handloads using 58gr or so of 4831 and 130gr Sierra BTS have taken 30 plus good sized Mule deer out west. Most shots are between 2-300yrds. Flat shooting and little recoil can't be beat.....

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Two shots, two caribou. thumb

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Amen to all of the above. I used 130 grain Corelocks exclusively for about 20 years with no problems that I can remember. Now I'm worried: last year my scope fogged (steel tube Weaver K4) and I went all out and got a new .300 WM and new Weaver 4.75 GS scope. Makes me wonder if I should have stuck with the .270...low recoil, very accurate, flat shooting = devistating

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote