THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Mexican Police shoot at U.S. Hunters on the U.S. side of the border

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican Police shoot at U.S. Hunters on the U.S. side of the border
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted
http://www.kvia.com/news/29053964/detail.html

Wish they would've shot back

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get used to it.Our Gubmint don`t give a shit.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Get used to it.Our Gubmint don`t give a shit.
Man, you can say that again!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
guess the dove hunters are going to have to start carrying assault rifles......

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
If I was hunting near the border on my personal property and someone from over the border started shooting at me or came onto the property shooting...there would be some return fire. We've got to do something about this.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3325 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This stuff needs to stop now. We need a bounty system now, illegal alien 500 meters on this side of the border shot now. Mexican police or military on our side of the border, shoot to kill. The wall in Berlin was very effective, why not here. Mine fields are cheap and efficient.

Yackman

Posts: 582 | Location: Searcy,AR | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What can you donwhen the United States Government does not support you?

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I can't say for sure what I would do in their place, but I'm pretty sure if someone(s) started shooting at me, I would return fire.

Too bad Ronald Reagan-his-own-self isn't still our president. God bless his soul. This would have had an entirely different outcome.

Let's see how brave these cowards are when they have a Marine brigade or Ranger unit coming at them, instead of just grandstanding in front of some civilian hunters.

Sounds like we need real combat troops on the southern border, with clear and defined rules of engagement, and not just unarmed National Guard troops.

Time to treat ANY incursion onto our soil as an enemy attack.

That would stop this crap pretty fast.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too bad Ronald Reagan-his-own-self isn't still our president. God bless his soul. This would have had an entirely different outcome.

Yes Sir it sure would have!!! In 1986 Ronald Reagan himself signed the Immigration Reform Act, granting Amnesty to 3 million plus illegals from Mexico!!!!!

You need to check your history.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTala:
guess the dove hunters are going to have to start carrying assault rifles......

Full auto M16 A1, never there with out it!

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

Yes Sir it sure would have!!! In 1986 Ronald Reagan himself signed the Immigration Reform Act, granting Amnesty to 3 million plus illegals from Mexico!!!!!

You need to check your history.

This is why I have you on IGNORE normally.

You are a complete MORON.

This has NOTHING to do with illegal aliens dumbass. A foreign military power invaded our soil and fired on our citizens.

Grow a brain, or have someone explain it to you.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Sir, it has everything to do with illegals and english as a second language and a bunch of other stuff.

Instead of granting amnesty, Reagan should have sent them all back to Mexico, built the wall and passed legislation requiring ANY person wanting to become a US citizen, to dis-avow any ties to their native country an become an American, and not a hyphenated one either.

Ignore that you stupid cork sucking bitch!

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I don't share your "orientation".

So you're a MORON, and a DEGENERATE.

Back on ignore you go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And your a stupid son of a bitch. Ignore that MoFo.

One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JIm Yackley: Mine fields are cheap and efficient.

Unbelievable!

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, let's back off the invasion plans for the Mexican-American III war for just a moment and consider the POSSIBILITY that the shooters may not have been Mexican officials but rather druggies in some type of uniform. A garb that they are known to wear at times. I'm not saying that's what happened but it seems at least as, if not far more likely a circumstance, than Mexican police/whatever just firing willy-nilly on some dove hunters. Of course the NOPD fired on and killed at least one of a group of black people on a bridge who had NO weapons, so anything is possible.

In addition, all you brave people who want to or recommend firing back WITH SHOTGUNS and bird shot at a group of men armed with what are likely full auto Ak-47s, especially when no one has been hit on your side as far as you know, are some of the dumbest men alive, and I have deleted all the words I normally would use that apply to such incredible stupidity.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet the real fun begins when U.S. citizens try to hunt parts of Texas to the WEST of the Rio Grande.

Yes Suzy the river due to its changing course is not the definitive border. The border was established many years ago and in some places there are parts of Mexico to the EAST of it. What a mess!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I just think its funny that nobody has pointed out a huge inconsistency in the story...

Lady who appears not have been there "contacts" station and said Mexican officials shot at and stole stuff from hunters.

"An ABC-7 viewer contacted the station early Thursday, saying her son, husband and friends were hunting on the Rio Grande levee on the U.S. side when men on the Mexico side fired shots, narrowly missing them. The woman said more men on the Mexico side drove up with automatic weapons and into the U.S. side. She said the armed men fired weapons and stole the hunter’s chairs and drove back into Mexico."

What the hell does contact "contact" mean?...if she "said it" she either called or went to the station in person.

Board Patrol says nothing in the preliminary investigation alleges anybody was shot at or anything was stolen.

"Mosier said that at no point of the initial investigation were there any allegations of shots being fired at subjects on the U.S. side of the border, nor is there any information to suggest that any personal items were stolen from the U.S. side of the international boundary."

So what appears to me is a lady who wasn't there said a "bad thing" happened to a news station, the news station reported what they thought who generate a stir, and the cop who got there afterwards said "nobody there said the bad thing" happened other than Mexican officials crossed into the US.

Of course we all know how accurate the news is

If it happened yes it is bad...

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10096 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hang a Liberal's ears on the barbed wire next to the 'yotes and Mex...'nuf said

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
You can go to El Paso and buy any form of Mexican policia, Federali, "you name it" uniform, including Mex military. Much of the Mexican Cartel members are doing this. I doubt it was the Mexican Police. Most of those on the Mex side are lookouts for the cartel and they also stop all persons attempting to cross the Rio Grande. Pay up or face the consequences.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
If I was hunting near the border on my personal property and someone from over the border started shooting at me or came onto the property shooting...there would be some return fire. We've got to do something about this.

Totally agree. We need to take care of the problem.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Not sure who the moderator is on this thread, but I don't believe the type of name calling I read should be tolerated....Slowpoke Slim may be "one of us" but that is easily rectifed.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Someone shoots at me, I will shoot back.

And on the subject of illegal immigrants, they have absolutely no rights whatsoever. And deserve whatever punishment they get.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67465 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
I vote with Saeed on this one....or maybe Johan Smit 'shoot back first!'

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote